2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Designed to replace the restrictive catalyst in the stock downpipe and deliver improved exhaust flow for significant power gains, noticeable improvements in turbo response time, and reduced backpressure, CorkSport is pleased to announce a new high-flow catalyst option for their popular CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Downpipe.

The CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Downpipe is constructed from polished 3" 304 stainless steel piping for lasting corrosion resistance and reduced heat transfer to the engine bay. Unlike many downpipes on the market, the CorkSport downpipe uses a unique divorced wastegate design that will reduce boost spikes and exhaust flow disturbances due to waste-gate operation.

The new catted version of the CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Downpipe provides gains of up to 21 WHP and includes a high-flow spun metallic 200 cell catalyst and three O2 bungs to allow for the addition of EGT or other sensors.

"Our new catted downpipe option incorporates all of the popular features of our current Mazdaspeed 3 downpipe with the addition of the high-flow metallic flexible catalyst for cleaner emissions," said Rich Harris, President of CorkSport, "and we have included our popular CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Racepipe in the catted option to provide even more horsepower and torque to your exhaust set-up."

The CorkSport Mazdaspeed 3 Catted Downpipe is a direct bolt-on replacement for the restrictive factory downpipe and attaches seamlessly to the factory or an aftermarket cat-back exhaust set-up using a factory style donut.

The new optional catted downpipe is available for purchase for $580 from CorkSport's online catalog at CORKSPORT Mazdaspeed 3 Downpipe

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Too expensive

Reactions: sjsujdm

·
Registered
46 Posts
what are the number differences between catt vs non catt? how much power do you lose if any and how much air is actually restricted because there are a few threads that started about the question so who better to ask than the creators. meaning to avoid the headache of o2 sensors and cel and ghetto rigging bungs cuz its unsafe to have o2 out of the exhaust flow is it worth just buying it with the high flow cat? advice from everyone is appreciated

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Haha ^ my thread

·
Registered
46 Posts
a lil off topic but i just wanted to as you sp33dy how are you liking the cobb tuner. im getting the itch to do something the only thing im rockin so far is the cs sri w the inlet hose. i'm kind of in the same boat as you undecided with the whole catt vs catless and i wanna put in the down pipe as well. so kind of running in circles cuz then you need the hpfp and i want the cat back so gonna wait and order everything 80 mm . so i was just wondering if it pays to drop the 600 bucks on just the tuner to hold me over till i have the extra cash for the other upgrades.( i know i have to buy it anyway for the upgrades but is it that noticeable without the upgrades) i know there are a million threads on the tuner i already read them but i value your opinion . warlord and e tinker as well i pay a lil more attention when i see u guys post. i mean everyone has so much good advice to offer as well

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
a lil off topic but i just wanted to as you sp33dy how are you liking the cobb tuner. im getting the itch to do something the only thing im rockin so far is the cs sri w the inlet hose. i'm kind of in the same boat as you undecided with the whole catt vs catless and i wanna put in the down pipe as well. so kind of running in circles cuz then you need the hpfp and i want the cat back so gonna wait and order everything 80 mm . so i was just wondering if it pays to drop the 600 bucks on just the tuner to hold me over till i have the extra cash for the other upgrades.( i know i have to buy it anyway for the upgrades but is it that noticeable without the upgrades) i know there are a million threads on the tuner i already read them but i value your opinion . warlord and e tinker as well i pay a lil more attention when i see u guys post. i mean everyone has so much good advice to offer as well
I'm telling you the ap and hpfp are a must sure its hard to lay down that kind of money for something that doesn't really give you a gain for the hpfp this is true but with the ap you will unlock so much hidden power and will continue to use it with everything you buy it literally is the single greatest thing you can buy for this car and then the hpfp is a must if you wanna do anything past an intake

·
Registered
46 Posts
thanks for the response i agree with you even though you dont get any "gains" for 400 bucks its money well spent cuz you just saved your motors life maybe the cobb tuner will be waiting for me under the x-mas tree if its that good with just the intake a present from me to me.. and my mazda

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
thanks for the response i agree with you even though you dont get any "gains" for 400 bucks its money well spent cuz you just saved your motors life maybe the cobb tuner will be waiting for me under the x-mas tree if its that good with just the intake a present from me to.. and my mazda
Haha I like the way u think

·
Registered
161 Posts
$580 ?

I guess it's competitive with COBB's but still. $495 shipped, you have a buyer.

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
$580 ?

I guess it's competitive with COBB's but still. $495 shipped, you have a buyer.
You have to add a hundred or so for the cat with cobbs

·
Registered
161 Posts
CS's is : $299 with no CAT / $580 WITH = $281 HF CAT

COBB has $100 CAT <-- More like it considering the best HF CAT I've seen runs for $120.... Not $281

Guess i'm the only one that sees the eye-jabbing?

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
CS's is : $299 with no CAT / $580 WITH = $281 HF CAT

COBB has $100 CAT <-- More like it considering the best HF CAT I've seen runs for $120.... Not $281

Guess i'm the only one that sees the eye-jabbing?
That's because the no. Cat cs is just a shorty downpipe

Reactions: pzr2874

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
the cobb goes for $695 which for the 100 bucks more might be worth it but both are still marked up a lil high

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
what are the number differences between catt vs non catt? how much power do you lose if any and how much air is actually restricted because there are a few threads that started about the question so who better to ask than the creators. meaning to avoid the headache of o2 sensors and cel and ghetto rigging bungs cuz its unsafe to have o2 out of the exhaust flow is it worth just buying it with the high flow cat? advice from everyone is appreciated
Do CorkSport exhaust products featuring a catalyst lose horsepower versus those without? Does the sound change? - Knowledgebase & Support Center

found the answer

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm telling you the ap and hpfp are a must sure its hard to lay down that kind of money for something that doesn't really give you a gain for the hpfp this is true but with the ap you will unlock so much hidden power and will continue to use it with everything you buy it literally is the single greatest thing you can buy for this car and then the hpfp is a must if you wanna do anything past an intake
installed the stage 1 map for cs sri+tih last night with the cobb tuner and i am more than pleased. was with my buddy last night who owns the sti he bought a tuner too because he said i was gonna give him a run for his moneyif i mod any more. wasted abour 1/4 tank of gas or a lil more just seeing the difference from the stock map thanks for all the advice guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts