2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all :thumbup 1: ........along with StopTech slotted rotors! The kit comes with SS lines and the install is coming Sunday :yes: Can Not Wait!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
dats hawt

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll def post pics of it during install and finished product! I almost considered cancelling my saturday plans and installing them lol.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installed!! I ran into a snag while doing it.....on CS's install video, that one 10mm fitting on the metal brake line that you're not suppose to strip, well I stripped it. $153 later to get it fixed and now tonight I got around to installing it with the help of steelrain (many props to him and Greg who helped me tonight)........they def feel more solid, less pedal to engage the brakes and you must do the bedding process correctly. If anyone is getting these, you MUST buy a Line wrench/flare nut wrench such as these Craftsman 9 pc. Standard and Metric Flare Nut Wrench Set - Tools - Wrenches - All Wrench Sets I am open for Q&A.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
That won't cause any potential problems?

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
i honestly dont see any bad thing happening.. you just lose rotor's grab area for grab strength i guess

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
From what I've seen, it'll leave a ring of rust on the rotor surface. Even the Wilwood kit does this.
Makes sense...you can see that already in the pics with the wheels on and I do recall seeing it on other cars now that you've mentioned it.

i honestly dont see any bad thing happening.. you just lose rotor's grab area for grab strength i guess
I suppose from a physics standpoint stopping the torque is most effective at the outer edge, where these big brake kits certainly are wider and would shine. From an aesthetic standpoint though, I do like that after I wash my wheels and the rotors rust up, the OEM "full rotor depth" calipers/pads do a nice job grinding it all off with just one or two hard stops.

Regardless, they look very striking on your car! :)

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
willwood is designed for the two piece rotor so i understand their rust ring.. i dont get the corksport rust ring... if they designed it for the stock rotor

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The braking feel is def more positive, feels more solid. I like the feeling of the brakes after bedding the pads in, less effort to push the pedal. The caliper itself doesn't cover the entire rotor but from what I understand, if you get two piece rotors, the hat of the rotor will be bigger so then it'll give it the look covering the entire rotor. I like the fact the calipers uses the 06' wrx tr pads, which I can find anywhere and locally. CS did some homework when they were designing this kit. The only recommendation I would say is to get a better biting pad, the pads that it comes with does a good job for normal DD but for any spirited driving or tracking days, get better pads. I'm very happy with my purchase.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts