2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just installed a new corksport exhaust with race pipe on my 2011 mazda3 2.5L . Just though I would give my opinion on it and how the installation went.

Sound:
I know a lot of people were unsure about getting this exhaust as it might have been too loud? Well to be honest it is pretty loud. I wasn’t expecting it to have such a bassy growl. From outside it sounds great and has a nice growl after acceleration. From inside it is pretty loud. From 2000rpm to around 2800rpm you can really feel and hear the exhaust. Idle has a nice soft growl. As for performance, you do feel that extra 8-10HP when you hit the gas. In my opinion, this exhaust is probably louder then what most people want, but I think this is due to the added race pipe. If you don’t have the race pipe, It shouldn’t be as loud but you will lose some power.

Installation:

My buddy and I though it would have been an easy 2-3h job in his dads garage but this turn into a way harder job than anticipated. The bolts on the old exhaust were rusted and impossible to take off. It took us 4h and we only took off the exhaust guards. We could not take any exhaust pipe bolts off even after using WD-40 . Ended up bringing it into a shop. They had to torch the bolts off and torch some hangers to. The old rear hangers did not align with the new exhaust.

I will be posting a before and after video of the exhaust soon .

If you guys have any question let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you find that the exhaust is loud? i looked at your Mazda build progress and you anticipated the exhaust to be louder? im getting annoyed of the drone at 3K RPM.

Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
I just expected it to be louder because before I purchased it I read and read reviews and asked about it. It is loud. I now have the header paired with it and it's too my liking! And even louder. I just went through a tunnel and smashed the gas and that was insanely loud haha. If and when it drones I don't mind it because I'm used to the noise. If you're highway driving I can see that it might be more of problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA sweet. on the highway its ok. il be i 6th gear and the drop is almost gone but if i give it some gas then u can feel the exhaust. It makes tho whole car vibrate lol Kinda getting used to it. Should it get quieter with time? (breaking it in)

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Some days I hate that my exhaust is so loud, other days I love it. With a header, high flow cat, and exhaust, it's as loud as it can possibly be. The only real gripes I have is that I'm pretty certain I've still got some leaks somewhere, just haven't quite tracked them down. I'm probably going to give in and have a shop fix them all at some point.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why would you think that it has leaks? Did u install it yourself?

·
Registered
58 Posts
why would you think that it has leaks? Did u install it yourself?
Yeah. It smells a bit when I'm sitting at a light and I have the vents on. Mind you, I've also got a header, so with a full new exhaust system, there's bound to be leaks somewhere. I had to get some new gaskets and even double up on one of them to get it to stop leaking, or at least what I thought was stopped leaking. I also used a different clamp than they provided for more even pressure. And then I also used some exhaust sealer. I'm pretty sure the leak is between the header and the downpipe now, though. At least, it ought to be after all the gaskets, sealer, and clamps I went through for the CorkSport portion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dam.. thats no fun :S hope you get that fixed up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts