2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to Mazda (but not modifying cars) and had a couple questions I was hoping people could re. Cork Sport parts, specifically a combination of their catback exhaust, cold air box, and SRI.

Will the installation of these parts void any part of the factory warranty? Will I still be able to pass emissions in IL (I assume so given no CELs)? Any downside to these parts? It looks like vibration from the cold air box was the only downside for any of the parts.

And is Cork Sport generally considered to have the best Mazda-specific parts?

Thanks all :)

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm new to Mazda (but not modifying cars) and had a couple questions I was hoping people could re. Cork Sport parts, specifically a combination of their catback exhaust, cold air box, and SRI.

Will the installation of these parts void any part of the factory warranty? Will I still be able to pass emissions in IL (I assume so given no CELs)? Any downside to these parts? It looks like vibration from the cold air box was the only downside for any of the parts.

And is Cork Sport generally considered to have the best Mazda-specific parts?

Thanks all :)
Emissions, yes, most exhausts are quite similar to OEM unless you get one that specifically deletes the downstream cat. If the local regulations only call for an OBD check you should be fine.
I have not seen any vibration from any of the parts I have installed, certainly none from the box.
Is CorkSport the best? Depends on whose opinion you are listening to. There are other aftermarket outlets around than are no much different. There have been a few pretty serious complaints on this forum about CS products though.

No such thing as voiding warranties with using aftermarket parts...
Not true, at least in the US. Aftermarket parts can void your warranty. However, if you go for warranty work the dealer needs to prove that the part was the direct cause of the issue, and only the warranty on part that was replaced or systems that failed because that part was installed will be affected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts