2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a used 14 3s grand touring w tech package after my 12 3i touring HB skyactiv manual was totaled in a wreck. The new used car has been in an accident where it struck an animal. I know the hood a headlight, the bumper, and radiator was replace with a few bolt on brackets. No frame damage or structural. I put the car on jack stands and found a few pieces of broken plastic in the areo sheild under the engine. Just left over parts from the accident can't find anything else wrong with it but now my question.

On the coolent overflow bottle in the middle of the radiator. I think I am missing the hose that runs into the tank. From left to right you have the radiator cap, a blackhose to the black cap, it has a small bent hose, the overflow , but when you pop it off the cap there is a blank plastic nipple that doesn't reach the fluid. Can anyone confirm or snap a pic or measure the hose that may go into the fluid.

Also fl22 isn't green is it cause mine is.

·
Registered
174 Posts
On the coolent overflow bottle in the middle of the radiator. I think I am missing the hose that runs into the tank. From left to right you have the radiator cap, a blackhose to the black cap, it has a small bent hose, the overflow , but when you pop it off the cap there is a blank plastic nipple that doesn't reach the fluid. Can anyone confirm or snap a pic or measure the hose that may go into the fluid.
Confirmed - You're missing a hose that should run from that nipple under the cap into the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
251 Posts
FL22 IS green I think, although since the rad was replaced it might be tough to know if they actually put FL22 back in it. If they drained the whole system they could have filled it with anything probably, although replacing the rad shouldn't require the block and such to be drained, so it may well have FL22 back in it to be compatible. If you know it was repaired at the dealer they probably used the FL22.

Chuckling at the blank nipple on the overflow cap. Pretty sure that will be useless to the system without the extra tube. I'd go back to the dealer, assuming it came from the dealer. Let them get the damn part. Again, if they fixed it, that would be a stupid thing for them to overlook. Maybe it fell off into the tank?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yea it was repaired at a dodge mazda Mitsubishi dealer. So it should be fl22. All the parts replaced are oem mazda parts.

I tried to look and shine a flash light in the tank but it had to see the bottom. I have a foot of gas line left over from my bike that fit it perfectly. So I stuck it on there for now. The dealer is an hour away so I may run over there one day and get the mazda part.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts