2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a leak that I believe is coming from the coolant outlet housing. I have googled and can find no info on how to replace it. Has anybody got any info on this ? If so it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I've been working on it ,and got the housing off the block,and it's the little rubber gasket inside the housing. I ordered the gasket fom autozone for $8. It's a bear to replace but doable. Now to figure out what kind of coolant and how to refill the radiator. :)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Well I've been working on it ,and got the housing off the block,and it's the little rubber gasket inside the housing. I ordered the gasket fom autozone for $8. It's a bear to replace but doable. Now to figure out what kind of coolant and how to refill the radiator. :)
Radiator has a hole at the top, and the reservoir has it's own top too. You fill the radiator through it's hole, and the reservoir separate. Type of coolant depends on your region.. usually 50/50 is standard but if you live in a hot place you can use a higher mix of water to antifreeze for better cooling. In my case, I can buy oem coolant premixed from the stealership if I wanted to. See what your manual recommends, and your capacity.

If you are having issues with gaskets might be worth replacing a few more, or at least using some rubber conditioner on them (let it "dry" a bit if it's going to come into direct contact with something like coolant so it doesn't mix).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts