2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Am I the only person who has been burned by almost every product I bought that was recommended by CR? From TVs to washing machines, my family almost always found the CR recommended products to be total junk. :undecided:
Definitely hoping for better luck with my Mazda 3. :smiley:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Am I the only person who has been burned by almost every product I bought that was recommended by CR? From TVs to washing machines, my family almost always found the CR recommended products to be total junk. :undecided:
Heh. Well, it really depends upon what they're recommending. Also, maybe it's just recent stuff, which "they don't make like they used to", haha. I haven't used CR as a main recommendation in several years, but my washing machine pick from them turned out really well actually, as did some other things over the years turning out just fine.

In terms of cars, the idea that they rec the 3i is a decent enough endorsement. They do go back on their recs occasionally with cars but not too often. I picked the 3 mainly because of Car and Driver and my own experiences with various other late models of similar size, but one thing that CR adds to the mix is expected reliability based on their subscriber surveys. They don't give cars their recommendation unless reliability is expected to be better than average (or maybe at least average, can't remember).

Don't know why they wouldn't also rec the 3s. If true, presumably some formula they use does a bit of math and decides that it isn't worth the extra $$ because of x, y and z. That's no fun but that would be how they arrive at such a conclusion. Pretty much my own as well. I didn't want to spend the $$ for the s.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about the s models? Were they recommended as well?
They only have Mazda 3 i Grand Touring (Hatchback, 2.0L, MT) and Mazda 3 i Touring (2.0L) listed
(I know doesn't make sense not to see the s Models).:confused1 1:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah ... understand. That has not been my experience but I get that...hopefully we don't end up on this list with our Mazdas !!
Dishonorable Mention: The 10 Most Embarrassing Award Winners in Automotive History - Feature - Car and Driver

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
That is cool! Glad Mazda made the cover.

Also, I've never had much issue with CR. They give good info, at the same time, they usually don't use the items for years on end so they can't judge as realistically how it will perform after 5 years etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts