2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am looking into getting a new front nose for my 2010 Mazda 3i Sport and have been looking at a particular JDM nose. I have included a photo of the nose i would like to interchange but am wondering about the fitment/compatability of the nose with my Mazda, pretty much if it will fit onto my car without any issues. Any input/advice would be helpful! Thank You!

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
Not to constantly float my own boat, but that's exactly my setup. Here is how the replica bumper of that look. Same two tone color scheme too.

So yeah. fitment is damn good, looks really close to the real thing, came with the new running lights which are extremely bright; could be used as actual driving lights. They contrast my 6000k headlights really well. I paid 375 plus 350 for paint, no shipping or taxes :yes:

I didn't get the grille painted because I didn't want to use it, but my dad thought otherwise and is overly concerned about the radiator. Not to go on a tangent, but I'd def get that painted black like I have the side intakes.

ALSO, you'll have to remove the bumper guard foam and paint/cover the bottom half of the windshield wiper reservoir. Looks ugly and is visible through the right side intake. I wrapped it with black foam tape.

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
Nope, nothing additional. Came with the grille, running lights and the covers for them were already painted black. They give you the screws that you need, but you'll need to save all the other screws for the housings of the Running lights. It says professional installation, but it's so simple. I would recommend getting it put on your car for a few days then either take it off and give it to someone for paint/do it yourself, or just leave it on and get it painted. The paint makes it harder for it to fit if it was painted when not formed into the contours of the car.

But, I love it. I'd recommend getting the black parts in matte black rather than shiny. Shiny blends too well with the gray of the car. Matte paint will stand out. It makes a perfect CAI possible, too with the now vented side intakes. (Side intakes are actually part of the bumper instead of being some 3m'd on plastic piece that mazda puts on it. It looks more finished this way... minus the lack of a Mazda logo.

I'm still considering wrapping the black accents with Cf vinyl, which would look slick.

·
Registered
279 Posts
So I think you posted in one of my threads already, but just to reiterate.. there were no fitment issues? you did NOT have to alter anything to get it to fit?

Just making sure, cause I think I am going to be able to swing this out of insurance, but I will probably install it myself and take it too the shop to get it painted then

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wonder what the difference is between the two bumpers in terms of are for air flow to the engine bay? It would be interesting to see which bumper does a better job letting air in.

·
USMC
176 Posts
I am sure the difference is minimal. Even if it is measurable it won't affect performance.
The grill does look nice. I still plan on just modding my stock though. Beets $700 somethig for what looks almost the same as stock anyway.

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
So I think you posted in one of my threads already, but just to reiterate.. there were no fitment issues? you did NOT have to alter anything to get it to fit?

Just making sure, cause I think I am going to be able to swing this out of insurance, but I will probably install it myself and take it too the shop to get it painted then
At first, it appeared as my clips on the side that lock in just above the wheel well weren't meeting (as in too large, which so far is the only fitment issue I've heard of and is easy to remedy by using a sanding stone) but it was a matter of balancing out how I mounted the bumper.

I will say this: the bumper is more snug of a fit than the stock due to the material used on this one. But in the same breath, I had mine painted without it being mounted on the car, which can cause minor fitment issues. This is where my extra tightness comes in. But, as you can see in the pictures, there's nothing to hide. It fits tight, but right on after readjusting some screws.

Your idea is right on! Get it mounted then paint. Let me know if you go through with it, if not, I'll find the pictures you post of it since I'm on here religiously.

[

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
phoenixosu said:
I wonder what the difference is between the two bumpers in terms of are for air flow to the engine bay? It would be interesting to see which bumper does a better job letting air in.
This is what I was worried about when I was installing mine. The stock 3 bumper cover has an air-flow managing duct that allows some air to travel in through the upper part of the grille, is then swished around a plastic box and then into an air vent that I assume meets with the car's airbox. It's sort of a plastic mess. I tried to see if the plastic garbage would translate over to the Autoexe, but it will not.

And then I stopped worrying. Installed it and ran it around. I've noticed 0 changes in the car's take-off and heat. One thing you'll like about this bumper is that it's so open and airy. With all the extra openings, I think it makes up for the lack of the plastic air directing unit as I mentioned with a different pseudo name earlier. Also, my active MPGs seem to be better on most days. I've been able to push it to 40.1mpg @52mph which is something that I normally would only get 36mpg out of. Then again, Autoexe knows what they're doing when it comes to aero and making sheyt work on the cars that they tune (even though these are replicas of Autoexes, they're close enough :p )

Any more q's? :chuck_norris 1:

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
I know someone here has one, but I personally haven't found a seller who has it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts