2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new to the forum and just bought my Mazda 3 Sport GS-CP 3 weeks ago and love it. The only thing that is bugging me is that when you turn the car off the power to the moonroof dies, I always forget to close it. The last car I had, 2006 Ford Focus SES, had this feature and the moonroof was still powered till you opened your doors.

My question, is there somewhere i can tap/re-route power from to power the moonroof constantly? I am comfortable with wiring, so i don't mind tapping or running wires. And if it comes to it, will running a new line from the fusebox to the moonroof have any draw on my battery?

Thanks in advance,

John

·
Registered
46 Posts
The drivers front window has a few seconds of extra power or until you open the door to close the window i assume you could draw power from there just be careful not to close both at the same time other wise you may pop a fuse if you go that route. The old mazda 3s had a module for it i cannot remember who produced it or if it was a custom mod. Or check on the mazda3forums.com. There should be a thread for something like power to windows with key off or something along those lines. Basically the guy has 2 relays a timer and playws with the fuses for the windows and the sunroof in the passenger junction boc (PJB). But please remember this is all info based on the first gen. Hope that helps you out

EDIT: found the link power to windows/sunroof after key off

Reactions: johnblahblah

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would like to do this mod but instead to all my windows! Annoying if I forget to roll up my windows(excluding drivers window) when I shut off the car

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i'll give it a try and let yo all know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts