2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mazda 3 i Hatchback
384 Posts
Have you tried pulling it out and/or looking at the wiring connecting to it? If it's dirty, the wiring got disconnected, or the wiring is damaged, that would do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The first thing I'd check, are you sure that the outlet you are checking isn't turned on with ignition? In my old 2012 Mazda 3, I believe it was the dash outlet that only turned on with the car, and the outlet that was in the center console box was always on (even when the car was off).

If the fuses aren't blown there's probably some issue behind the outlet with the wiring. Although it sounds unlikely that it would get damaged back there, they are usually pretty safe. You can try to put a test light or a OHM meter on the terminals in the fuse panel to see if the fuse panel is sending electricity out to the port, you could probably do the same for the actual outlet too. That would at least tell you whether the issue is before or after the fuse box, and before or after the outlet.

Also, may seem obvious but try a different adapter, it could be broken. I had a USB one that shined a red light when it was on so I knew it was powered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts