2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title states, thinking of selling or trading in my Mazda 3, I looked up KBB/Edmunds but its only giving me new car values, trying to find whats the used car value of my car.

2014 Mazda 3 i-Sport
Color: Snowflake white pearl
Transmission: 6 speed manual
Body style: Sedan
Mileage: 3,XXX
Title: Clean (no accidents/theft)

Anybody know of a site that will give me the used car value?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The benefit of trading in at the dealer, though, is that you will get the tax back from your trade in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I suggest speaking to a therapist first so they can talk you out of getting rid of such an awesome car...

What doesTrue Car Value say?

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carmax will be your best bet.....
Kelly blue book will give you an approximate value. Selling privately will give you the most money though.
The benefit of trading in at the dealer, though, is that you will get the tax back from your trade in.
I suggest speaking to a therapist first so they can talk you out of getting rid of such an awesome car...

What doesTrue Car Value say?
Why are you selling/trading it so early on in its life?
Yeah . . . what's wrong with the car?
Thanks for the carmax suggestion. I looked up KBB but when I try to put in 2014 Mazda and choose 3 its only showing the 6 model...not the 3.

I am planning to do a trade in or just sell the car to the dealer.

Reason for wanting to trade in/sell is because I dearly miss my Miata. And having driven all generations I want to go back to a 2 seater roadster, small and nimble, fun to drive, etc.

I like my 3 and its a great sporty sedan but I want that roadster life back.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks for the carmax suggestion. I looked up KBB but when I try to put in 2014 Mazda and choose 3 its only showing the 6 model...not the 3.

I am planning to do a trade in or just sell the car to the dealer.

Reason for wanting to trade in/sell is because I dearly miss my Miata. And having driven all generations I want to go back to a 2 seater roadster, small and nimble, fun to drive, etc.

I like my 3 and its a great sporty sedan but I want that roadster life back.

Ahh, totally understand. You gotta do what makes you happy! :rock 1:

·
Registered
28 Posts
As long as you stay with a Mazda. Can't fault that. I would love to have a Miata as well as the 3.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The problem you will run into is that because the car is so new - and although the demand for this car is high - they always have enough supply at the dealership. So this means that although KBB may say, let's say $20k, they can't offer you that because they have one collecting dust with 12 miles, instead of 3k, brand new and ready to be sold for $21k - so they may low ball you :/

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I know the next generation Miata is on the horizon...supposedly less than a year away. I always wanted a NC. I'm going to the dealer later to day to check out the MX-5 (looking at the club model since I know ill eventually want the hardtop) and talk numbers.

The suggestion of getting slightly used Miata could be good financially but I'm so picky with perfection and after buying used cars in the past, I gotta go new.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts