2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 s Sport sedan. I just got the OEM LED-style brake/tail lights from a junked GT. They're installed and I like them.

I want to replace the OEM incandescent 3rd brake light (in the trunk lid) with an LED one. I see there are a few to choose from:

- Corksport
- Axela
- The Speedline (also on ebay)

I'd prefer the red lens over a tinted/smoked one, so I'm thinking of buying from The Speedline.

My questions --> Has anyone bought the LED 3rd brake light from The Speedline? If so, is it at least as bright as the stock OEM third brake light? Is it a good quality part?

I'm also lightly considering buying the the LED rear bumper reflectors and wiring them into my brake and tail lights.

Corksport and The Speedline (again, also on ebay) both sell these as well. I like the look of the lights in the one from The Speedline better, but do they reflect light like the stock OEM reflectors? The Corksport ones clearly have reflectors in the lens. For people that have these, which ones did you buy? How bright are they compared to your other tail/brake lights? Were they difficult to install?

Thanks!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have a 2010 s Sport sedan. I just got the OEM LED-style brake/tail lights from a junked GT. They're installed and I like them.

I want to replace the OEM incandescent 3rd brake light (in the trunk lid) with an LED one. I see there are a few to choose from:

- Corksport
- Axela
- The Speedline (also on ebay)

I'd prefer the red lens over a tinted/smoked one, so I'm thinking of buying from The Speedline.

My questions --> Has anyone bought the LED 3rd brake light from The Speedline? If so, is it at least as bright as the stock OEM third brake light? Is it a good quality part?

I'm also lightly considering buying the the LED rear bumper reflectors and wiring them into my brake and tail lights.

Corksport and The Speedline (again, also on ebay) both sell these as well. I like the look of the lights in the one from The Speedline better, but do they reflect light like the stock OEM reflectors? The Corksport ones clearly have reflectors in the lens. For people that have these, which ones did you buy? How bright are they compared to your other tail/brake lights? Were they difficult to install?

Thanks!
I had the speedline on my 2010 and I was completely happy with it, the service adviser and one of the mechanics at the dealership were impressed enough with that they bought them also.

Pat.

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the speedline on my 2010 and I was completely happy with it, the service adviser and one of the mechanics at the dealership were impressed enough with that they bought them also.

Pat.
That's a good vote of confidence! I'm glad to hear it's a good quality product. I stumbled on another thread from a while back where several other people mentioned the Speedline's LED 3rd brake light is good too.

I bought these from the Speedline:

08+ Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 LED Strip Reflectors (SMOKE LENS/RED Strip) - THESPEEDLINE

So far, they're holding up. I had a set from iJDM toy off eBay and those were garbage.

There are some detailed how tos here that are helpful in installing these. Search the how to section for them or follow CS install instructions.

Oh yeah, I forgot about ijdmtoy. I found the ones they sell, but it didn't look like they acted as reflectors, just lights. If I buy, I want to make sure I get ones that are also reflectors.

Since you have the Speedline LED reflectors installed, would you be willing to share a picture with your lights off and the flash on to show how much they reflect?

Here's the stock ones on my car for example (using my cell phone camera):

No flash:

With Flash:

I'll feel a lot better buying a set if I can see that they're reflective like the stock ones.

·
Ex-Honda Owner
53 Posts
I installed a pair of smoked reflectors from TheSpeedLine on my hatchback this past week. They reflect just fine. The smoked ones reflect white instead of red. The LEDs arent the brightest but look good at night(16 led), the leds wont be any better on others.

I also have a third brake light from the speedline working great behind a tinted window.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts