2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
For anyone being able to access remotely to the car. Have you seen a discrepancy on "status" of "Door lock"? When I remotely unlock the door and actually unlocked but the status on smartphone shows "locked." I have done screen update as well but not updated to "unlocked." Anyone else?

1. Unlock the door from "remote"
2. Move to "status"
3. Pull screen down to make sure the screen is updated
4. Check Doors, it should say unlocked but says locked instead
That screen didn't show values until after a few trips for me. It also doesn't frequently or immediately update.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Are you on 11002 and do you have the X or the signal bars when you are an entertainment? I don’t have them and I’m on 10015 even though I had the recall done so I don’t even get a service error message, the code just never appears. What about you kennyele?
I am on 11002. I tried again and was successful.

Someone commented about the lights off when the engine is running. This is a good thing. I wouldn’t want it advertised that the car is running for anyone that might not have otherwise noticed.

As for the engine shutting off when you open the door, I want this for a couple of reasons. I don’t want to get to work and realize I didn’t have my key. It should also shut off if someone else tries to open it.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2019
8 Posts
Does anyone know if the connected services will come to europe too?
And I don‘t have any telemetry entry in the service menu.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Premium Machine Gray Metallic
44 Posts
Looks ready to go in VA. But I cant get the code to pop up on my screen. I am on 11002 but haven't been to the dealer since I bought it in February. I do have a couple open recalls:
CSP06-Enable Connected Services
4219L-Sudden decel from false brake.
I will continue to try and report back.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I assume it would depend on if Mazda can strike a deal with a cellphone carrier to do it. Also might depend on the demand for such a thing? People in Canada are missing out on the feature too. Not sure what all is required but I assume getting a carrier to run the communications and getting through regulations is the largest hurdle.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2019
8 Posts
I assume it would depend on if Mazda can strike a deal with a cellphone carrier to do it. Also might depend on the demand for such a thing? People in Canada are missing out on the feature too. Not sure what all is required but I assume getting a carrier to run the communications and getting through regulations is the largest hurdle.
Thanks for your answer.
It would be easier to use an own sim card, I guess. Here in Germany the cellphone coverage isn‘t the best.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you don't have the telemetry unit installed (I believe that this normal across the EU) than you won't be able have Connected services. This likely due to EU privacy rules and the fact in some countries it is illegal to leave a car unattended with the engine running.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, I'm having major issues with trying to get this recall done.

I got off work early and took it in Tuesday for the recall.. took about an hour and a half. I click enroll on my app and it never sends the code. I check here and everyone is saying they are on 11002 and having the status bars for connected services so I check mine and I'm on 10015 and no little bars signaling connected services (so what did they even do???).. So, I called them back yesterday and they told me to bring it back first thing in the morning so I did today at 8 am and I get a call at 10 saying it's ready so I head over during lunch and guess what.. still on 10015 and nothing has changed.. except my phone is not connected to bluetooth. So I wait for their one Mazda tech they have to get back from lunch so I can show him (he said lets get this bluetooth connected??) and he has no idea what connected services is so I try to explain and he says I will need to bring it back another day as he has to figure out what to do..

So now I've missed a few hours of work this week that I gotta make up and the recall still isn't done. This is fun.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you don't have the telemetry unit installed (I believe that this normal across the EU) than you won't be able have Connected services. This likely due to EU privacy rules and the fact in some countries it is illegal to leave a car unattended with the engine running.
If your phone is on WiFi, switch it off and ensure that you are on cellular only. Also check on your signal strength, both on your phone and the car. If possible do this in the open air.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for your answer.
It would be easier to use an own sim card, I guess. Here in Germany the cellphone coverage isn‘t the best.
Not sure about availability in your area but Compustar has a cellular app based remote start system as well and does offer some different features for an additional cost such as opening windows or triggering the seat heater. This is what I would have gone with of Connected Services wasn't an option for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got 48108 or something like that as a code-- it claims I am connected (I live in WA state)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Connected my 2019 HB yesterday, and it is amazing. Takes a few seconds for the car to get the signal to do remote stuff such as lock and unlock.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I got off work early and took it in Tuesday for the recall.. took about an hour and a half. I click enroll on my app and it never sends the code. I check here and everyone is saying they are on 11002 and having the status bars for connected services so I check mine and I'm on 10015 and no little bars signaling connected services (so what did they even do???).. So, I called them back yesterday and they told me to bring it back first thing in the morning so I did today at 8 am and I get a call at 10 saying it's ready so I head over during lunch and guess what.. still on 10015 and nothing has changed.. except my phone is not connected to bluetooth. So I wait for their one Mazda tech they have to get back from lunch so I can show him (he said lets get this bluetooth connected??) and he has no idea what connected services is so I try to explain and he says I will need to bring it back another day as he has to figure out what to do..

So now I've missed a few hours of work this week that I gotta make up and the recall still isn't done. This is fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts

You can try escalating to Mazda Corporate. It shouldn't be a challenge for the dealer to update your firmware.
Of course, you can just update it yourself with a flash drive and this thread: CONNECT UPDATE FIRMWARE 7th Generation

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Today I noticed the option to enroll in connected services for my 2019 MZ3 (so excited), but every time I try to request the activation code, I get a server error. Anyone else seeing this issue?
Ive been trying a few days and i cant get a code to show up. Not sure if we need anything additional.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have experience with doing it yourself? It doesn’t seem too difficult? Is there a risk of bricking it or voiding anything?
A lot of us have. This is the official thread for that: CONNECT UPDATE FIRMWARE 7th Generation

There is always a risk, but I have personally done it multiple times with no problem. As for voiding anything, I don't know, but my local dealership has never cared. You might find answers in that thread.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts