2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Since WiFi hotspot will be made available, do you all think Wireless CarPlay will come in a future update? I hope so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my Mazda 3 into a dealer here in the Kansas City, MO area. Update was done and driving home all hell broke loose. HVAC started blowing cold on the diver side and HOT on the passenger side. Took it back. Dealer applied 2 TSBs dealing with HVAC issues. As he was pulling the car around to give it back, the car started to throw various trouble codes. Dealer called Mazda Service tech line. They said that they had seen this before with 2 other cars in the U.S. after the Connected Service recall. (mine was now the third) The fix was to reprogram ALL the modules in the car. The next day I picked the car up and it was fine until the weekend (1 day later) It started to throw 'Auto Headlight Malfunction' warnings. It was random and went off after a few minutes. Took the car back yesterday and we'll see what happens. Just an FYI heads up!

·
Registered
2019 Mazda3 Sedan Premium AWD (April 2019 Japan build)
199 Posts
I was planning on waiting until after the October rollout to get the software update done. I think I'll let the early adopters work out the bugs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dealer in Miami called me today to cancel my appointment, the software update for the recall is not currently available to them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brought mine in on Saturday and dealer refused to do the updates.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Has anyone had this update done recently? Is it still being offered? Or is it still buggy?
Mazda started updating again out a week later. It still no offered, if you have any reason to go to a dealer it will be done them. Alternatively you can just go and request it. Mazda Connect Services will be activated on 2019 cars in October.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone had this update done recently? Is it still being offered? Or is it still buggy?

I had it done yesterday. It took 2 hours (they said to make sure/check that the update does not cause issues that others have talked about). They also claimed that the update might fix the rare "BRAKE!!!" signal that comes up when no car is nearby (I had raised this as a separate issue)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've done it today, together with the service; it took 1.5-2h in total.
The also have done the following: REPROGRAMMED BMC AND LFU TO PREVENT LOCKING KEYS IN VEHICLE WITH TRUNK LOCK BUTTON.
I've noticed that now when I lock the car from the trunk lock button, it takes 0.5s to lock the car (before it was almost instant (if I remember correctly)).
The infotainment now runs version 11002 and I also get the speed limits on heads-up display on my '19 Mazda3.
IMG_4597.jpeg

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've done it today, together with the service; it took 1.5-2h in total.
The also have done the following: REPROGRAMMED BMC AND LFU TO PREVENT LOCKING KEYS IN VEHICLE WITH TRUNK LOCK BUTTON.
I've noticed that now when I lock the car from the trunk lock button, it takes 0.5s to lock the car (before it was almost instant (if I remember correctly)).
The infotainment now runs version 11002 and I also get the speed limits on heads-up display on my '19 Mazda3.
View attachment 278736
You get the speed limits even without a navigation card? I thought in the US the signs are all GPS Maps based not actually pulling signs via a camera.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a navigation card and the limits are from navi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2019 HB finally got Connected Services! It is glorious. Just remembered to check in the "fall" as Mazda advised and I checked yesterday in the app, and there it was waiting to connect. After starting the car and entering the pairing code, it connected fine. It does take about 30 seconds for the car to get the remote commands such as lock, and unlock so it's not fast. But to know tire pressure, fuel level, and if the doors are locked from home is a huge plus. Thanks Mazda for retro-fitting it to the 2019s!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2019 HB finally got Connected Services! It is glorious. Just remembered to check in the "fall" as Mazda advised and I checked yesterday in the app, and there it was waiting to connect. After starting the car and entering the pairing code, it connected fine. It does take about 30 seconds for the car to get the remote commands such as lock, and unlock so it's not fast. But to know tire pressure, fuel level, and if the doors are locked from home is a huge plus. Thanks Mazda for retro-fitting it to the 2019s!
I too received the push on the 14th and I'm now connected. Although I can now remotely start my 2019 M3S, and all status functions appear on my phone, the seat heat, heater fan and temp setting in the car do not come on with the "Auto" temp selected. I'm trying it today with "Auto" deselected to see if that makes a difference. anyone else have this issue? Cabin heat is the objective right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too received the push on the 14th and I'm now connected. Although I can now remotely start my 2019 M3S, and all status functions appear on my phone, the seat heat, heater fan and temp setting in the car do not come on with the "Auto" temp selected. I'm trying it today with "Auto" deselected to see if that makes a difference. anyone else have this issue? Cabin heat is the objective right?
I noticed the climate controls don't light up, however I tried remote starting with the windows open and starting and let it run last night when it was cold out and in both cases the car did feel slightly warmer and the vents were warm so I assume its working but just not lighting up. Seats were still cold though which was unfortunate. Also note the cars lights didn't turn on at all but I suppose that's a safety advantage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I noticed the climate controls don't light up, however I tried remote starting with the windows open and starting and let it run last night when it was cold out and in both cases the car did feel slightly warmer and the vents were warm so I assume its working but just not lighting up. Seats were still cold though which was unfortunate. Also note the cars lights didn't turn on at all but I suppose that's a safety advantage.
I'll have to try it with the windows open. I'm ok without the climate control lights or head lights not on, but the seat heat would be really nice to have work.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts