2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
44 Posts
Yup, According to the ESI website, the bug has been fixed and the recall has been live since Jul 15, 2020. Going in on Monday as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know if we have to pay extra to have the remote start feature installed or will it be all set up when we get the update?

·
Registered
1 Posts
They just finished the update and no connected services option yet on the MyMazda app. Dealership didn’t really give me any more information other than it was done. I saw somewhere that it will be available around October. Can someone else confirm?

·
Registered
67 Posts
i just had the recall carried out today, I was at the dealers for just over an hour. Driving home I noticed that the speed limits were now showing in the HUD. I haven't checked if this was reading from the Sat Nav or it's TSR.
Digging into the diagnostics there is now a ( grayed out) option for over air updates.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They just finished the update and no connected services option yet on the MyMazda app. Dealership didn’t really give me any more information other than it was done. I saw somewhere that it will be available around October. Can someone else confirm?
October is correct.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you know if we have to pay extra to have the remote start feature installed or will it be all set up when we get the update?
The 2019 cars will have this activated in October. It is free for 3 years, with no indication of costs after that. The car uses a Verizon modem, so I guess they will be setting the costs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Remote start uses the connected services phone app via the Mazda servers so it will only work if you are subscribed to the full Mazda service. I would be surprised if Mazda offer subscriptions for free after 3 years.

I posted this link some time ago: Privacy Connected Services. Anyone with an activated telematics unit would be well advised to read the document. Once the unit is activated Mazda will start collecting and storing "default data" which records the car's every move. This applies regardless of the owner and whether they subscribe to connected services. It can only be disabled by Mazda (not a dealer) on phoning the number in the document.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Remote start uses the connected services phone app via the Mazda servers so it will only work if you are subscribed to the full Mazda service. I would be surprised if Mazda offer subscriptions for free after 3 years.

I posted this link some time ago: Privacy Connected Services. Anyone with an activated telematics unit would be well advised to read the document. Once the unit is activated Mazda will start collecting and storing "default data" which records the car's every move. This applies regardless of the owner and whether they subscribe to connected services. It can only be disabled by Mazda (not a dealer) on phoning the number in the document.
Mazda havestated in their press release announcing that 2019 model year cars are getting Connected Services that it would be free for the first 3 years. This is exactly the same as the 2020 year Mazda3s, along with the CX-30.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my car back. Done with CSP06 recall but nothing changed. They said some time in October as well. Oh, well at least I am ready when they start. Hopefully soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i just had the recall carried out today, I was at the dealers for just over an hour. Driving home I noticed that the speed limits were now showing in the HUD. I haven't checked if this was reading from the Sat Nav or it's TSR.
Digging into the diagnostics there is now a ( grayed out) option for over air updates.
I took my car in on Saturday (Virginia, USA) for an oil change and they updated the software at the same time. It took about 40 minutes.
I too now have the speed limit displayed on the heads up display, even when using Google Maps through Apple Carplay. I love it.
I'm also not sure where it is pulling the information from. Any ideas?
I have the Mazda maps chip (found it on eBay).

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
44 Posts
I took my car in on Saturday (Virginia, USA) for an oil change and they updated the software at the same time. It took about 40 minutes.
I too now have the speed limit displayed on the heads up display, even when using Google Maps through Apple Carplay. I love it.
I'm also not sure where it is pulling the information from. Any ideas?
I have the Mazda maps chip (found it on eBay).
My car is still being worked on at the dealership (also VA), and I was bummed to find out the useable services won't be activated until October (so really I just took my car in to enable Mazda to spy on me). But the speed limit in the HUD while Carplay Navigation is enabled just made it worth it for me.

Yep, if your car doesn't have TSR, it always uses navigation data for speed limits. If it does, it defaults to the Navigation's speed limit but overrides it if it recognizes a different speed limit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My car is still being worked on at the dealership (also VA), and I was bummed to find out the useable services won't be activated until October (so really I just took my car in to enable Mazda to spy on me). But the speed limit in the HUD while Carplay Navigation is enabled just made it worth it for me.

Yep, if your car doesn't have TSR, it always uses navigation data for speed limits. If it does, it defaults to the Navigation's speed limit but overrides it if it recognizes a different speed limit.
Hi! Thanks for your reply. I was at Mazda in Tysons Corner, VA.
I have a 2019 Premium sedan. You mention "...if it recognizes a different speed limit." So does it have traffic sign recognition that it is finding through the camera (Traffic Sign Recognition)? I didn't think the US version had that feature. What happens if the Mazda navigation says the speed limit is 25, and Google Maps (which I prefer) says 30, which is displayed?
I noticed on the Mazda USA website the 2021 Mazda 3 has available "Traffic Jam Assist"
I wonder if there is any way to add this ("TJA") to the 2019 version. : /

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
44 Posts
Hi! Thanks for your reply. I was at Mazda in Tysons Corner, VA.
I have a 2019 Premium sedan. You mention "...if it recognizes a different speed limit." So does it have traffic sign recognition that it is finding through the camera (Traffic Sign Recognition)? I didn't think the US version had that feature. What happens if the Mazda navigation says the speed limit is 25, and Google Maps (which I prefer) says 30, which is displayed?
I noticed on the Mazda USA website the 2021 Mazda 3 has available "Traffic Jam Assist"
I wonder if there is any way to add this ("TJA") to the 2019 version. : /
I'm also in NOVA. I know for sure my 2019 Preferred Plus Sedan doesn't have TSR (it's through the center camera). I thought the Premium model did, but I may very well be wrong (You could check in the car settings, if it has the feature there is a option to enable/disable it). For your question regarding differing speed limits between the Mazda Nav vs. Carplay Nav, I would have to test it to find out. I know a portion of Route 7 that has a lower speed limit due to construction (which Carplay Maps recognizes [45] but not Mazda's map [55]), so I'll check for the displayed speed limit once I get my car back.

I doubt they'll do a retrofit option for TJA on 2019 & 2020 Models, but I do dream about having it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The CSP06 recall was just pushed to MYMazda app two days ago. I called two dealers here in Minneapolis but they both said they are not doing the recall yet. I have a 2019 MS3 premium that I bought in March of 2019. It has the NAV SD card in it. Apparently there is not much consistency with the roll out for this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anybody know if this means that our cars get over the air software updates now as well for things such as infotainment, etc. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I brought my car in for an oil change yesterday and the dealer also took care of this recall. I haven't driven enough to notice a difference yet. I think that the Spotify via Carplay got a graphical update because the play/pause icons look different. I don't have a HUD or navi so I can't comment on the car noticing the speed limits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had mine in about a week ago for the 10k service. They did do an update that shows the speed limit on the HUD now. You have to have the Mazda SD card for it to work. It shuts off as soon as you use google or iOS maps. This update had nothing to do with the connect update.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had my CSP06 update done day before yesterday in Mississippi. My dealership said the update was re-released (was released and pulled due to a glitch) to them on 7/20/2020 and only for 2019's still on the lot. They claimed to have called Mazda to ask if they could update my car. After the update, I also noticed the speed limit in my HUD. This is my second 2019 M3; the first one met its demise with a deer. My original Machine Grey Premium sedan was an early build and came with infotainment software version 10013. That software version glitched sometimes on boot up and would go in to a 3-cycle reboot. I complained, and the dealer updated it to version 10018. Then, it was totalled. I got a Snowflake White Pearl Premium sedan, and it was running version 10015. After the CSP06 update, I noticed it is now running version 11002. I've noticed that I can now access the "Check for Software Updates" menu option. Has anyone else noticed any other new menu options?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had my CSP06 update done day before yesterday in Mississippi. My dealership said the update was re-released (was released and pulled due to a glitch) to them on 7/20/2020 and only for 2019's still on the lot. They claimed to have called Mazda to ask if they could update my car. After the update, I also noticed the speed limit in my HUD. This is my second 2019 M3; the first one met its demise with a deer. My original Machine Grey Premium sedan was an early build and came with infotainment software version 10013. That software version glitched sometimes on boot up and would go in to a 3-cycle reboot. I complained, and the dealer updated it to version 10018. Then, it was totalled. I got a Snowflake White Pearl Premium sedan, and it was running version 10015. After the CSP06 update, I noticed it is now running version 11002. I've noticed that I can now access the "Check for Software Updates" menu option. Has anyone else noticed any other new menu options?
That dealership give you wrong info. It is not just for those 2019 still on the lot. Everyone can go get the update(it actually count as a recall) and have the connect service free for 3 years start around October. Nothing new for me after the update (already have the ECU update once before this recall) hahaha

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had mine in about a week ago for the 10k service. They did do an update that shows the speed limit on the HUD now. You have to have the Mazda SD card for it to work. It shuts off as soon as you use google or iOS maps. This update had nothing to do with the connect update.
Correct! I have my ECU update quite a long time ago and have speed limit on the HUD. US will not have TSR even after the recall. It is just showing the sd card data on the HUD. (Maybe 2021 model will have it since they are brining all the features to the car.)

21 - 40 of 58 Posts