2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I have American firmware 10014, I need to go to Europe, I try to install 10012, the system writes no files were found. How to do it right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, Can someone help me solve this problem? Thank you.
My car: 2020 CX-30, Japan
I have a problem with my genuine foot lamp. It always light up all the time. I brought my car to my dealer. They don't know where the problem come from, and said that maybe ECU or CMU. Can i reset my ECU or CMU to fix this problem?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Hi guys, I have American firmware 10014, I need to go to Europe, I try to install 10012, the system writes no files were found. How to do it right?
As the FIRST page of my Thread says, YOU CAN NOT Rollback to older firmware, period,, you have in car NA_10014 and you are trying to install EU_10012 for a starters Version Number 12 is lower than 14, as Page 1 says you can not roll backwards and old firmware, can only roll forward with newer firmware, ABOVE 14 in your case.

Now you are Also trying to install EU (Europe EU01) Firmware in your North American (NA01) Mazda.
Principal problems is same as Generation 6 Mazda Connect which use .up files like NA N and EU N BUT also have different code to operate different modules like DAB+ Radio, the USA does not have or use DAB+ Digital Radio, therefore your Mazda also does not have the DAB Control Modules inside your cars dashboard, plus other undocumented hardware issues.
Now having said all that WHEN a later version of EU Firmware (.kwi file) becomes available for EUROPE/UK
(like say EU01_10050) you may be able to update this Firmware past your cars current NA01_0014.
However as I just said, you will have problems with Radio, US Satellite Radio, and you COULD Brick your cars CMU as I know of no Mazda owner who has done this on a 7th Generation Mazda Connect II car successfully.

Any Mazda Dealer in Europe would generally not touch your car as ALL they have access to is EU Firmware and the current version is in our Server here now, they don't yet have any version EU01_10014 or higher.
Any install of wrong Firmware not designed for your Mazda would be at your risk and I can't see it being successful as the cars Hardware is specifically for North America ONLY.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
From my USA Mazda Dealer Contact..
HOT OFF THE PRESS.

MAZDA CONNECT II Firmware Update for NA01 ONLY
Version..

CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11002.kwi

AGAIN this is ONLY for the North American markets, USA/CANADA/MEXICO.
For BP Mazda 3 and DM Mazda CX-30.

Also there is NO CHANGELOG Available.
For BP Mazda 3's ONLY in North America you will see an ICON on
Connect Screen for Mazda Connected Services.
This Service is NOT Activated for the BP Mazda 3 in USA, this may change in the future.
Why the new Icon (X in a square looking) is present is becasue this Firmware is shared with other Regions and Models.
NEW 11002 LINK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Very nice ASH8 . We are waiting for news and versions for Europe (Mazda 3 BP).
Thank you for your involvement in the mazda community.
Is there any software and OBD interface to access / activate / deactivate / customize some functions of the car (like MDARS, Forscan etc, etc)? Except the dealer .....
Thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #152 (Edited)
Very nice ASH8 . We are waiting for news and versions for Europe (Mazda 3 BP).
Thank you for your involvement in the mazda community.
Is there any software and OBD interface to access / activate / deactivate / customize some functions of the car (like MDARS, Forscan etc, etc)? Except the dealer .....
Thanks.
If you come across with any copy of a later EU version let me know please.
As far as Software goes to access or change factory settings...that is a no.
At this stage I know nobody who is 'tweaking' Connect or PCM/ECU.

Mazda Japan (MMC) has cracked down on their new MDARS Bosch Diagnostics, the Ford/Mazda IDS is being phased out as all new Mazda models to the all new MDARS. Ford will have their Bosch FDRS.
The problem with MDARS is that it is Portal accessed though Mazda Dealer only website, so you have to be a Dealer and have the correct and registered Pass-Through VCM II. In any case Mazda does not permit Dealer to change anything as these function are not there, apart from a few alterations like Wheel Rim Size, Alerts, File Dumps.
MDARS is used for electronic Module replacements and Software/Firmware update, these new Mazda blow me away just how technical they are, every electrical part in now electronically monitored with DTC Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
Anyway it is a new Automotive world order, and even harder for Independent Operators to service cars.

Many of the owner functions can be 'adjusted' via Mazda Connect II, like warning lights, volume, sound types, etc.

I am sure in time that someone with come out with 'devices', however, I certainly would not rush into it, the CX-30 and later models ( with Mazda Connected Services) will actually have live to Mazda Servers relaying vehicle information and performance and also used by service advisers to address any owner concerns or problems.

Even in cars now Big Brother is or will be watching you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not a lot at first glance.
It may support the Mazda Connected Services which is not available here in Canada for the Mazda3.
Probably some under the hood fixes.....
The change from 10050 to 11002 should represent some major changes though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for posting the firmware, ASH8. I don't remember if this was present in 10050, but in 11002 I see a 'Software Update' option in the 'System Settings' menu. Trying to do a check for updates brings up a message that I'll first need to use the MyMazda phone app to activate the connected services feature. I imagine that the phone app will be updated soon to allow for this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did your Mazda 3 come with the ‘telematics’ unit? Not all regions (or trims?) have it installed from the factory, I think. In the diagnostic mode, check if it’s equipped in ‘Diagnostic Test’ > ‘Vehicle Information’ > ‘TELEMATICS_COM_UNIT’

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've confirmed that my 19 Mazda 3 has the telmetry option enabled, so I'd like to do some tests if possible. I really only have two questions with this new firmware.

1) has telemetry been enabled for actual use or it still just a flag?

2) has anyone checked the new 11 (1.1?) series for fixed to AA and the BT/USB bug when changing between the two?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just finished Installing the new update ( CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11002.kwi )
As usual everything went fine....
Thanks ASH8 - - - U Rock

141 - 160 of 221 Posts