2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
What is your issue? I'm in Canada but this feature seems to work pretty well for me - the only thing that's a bit dodgy maybe is that it'll sometimes pick up offramp speed limits when I'm not using the offramp, but otherwise it's a great feature.
Nonetheless, (I'm not an automotive systems software engineer but) I don't think that a Media Control Unit update would affect a feature like this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[Update]
Ah, I see in another thread that you mentioned you're not seeing speed signs at all in your dash/HUD.
Are you using CarPlay or Android Auto? When you are using maps in CarPlay it doesn't show signs, which I suspect is by design as it would be redundant with the speed limits that CarPlay already shows. Still, I dislike this limitation, I wish it still showed signs all the time regardless of whether you're using CarPlay. This probably is an MCU feature that could be affected by a firmware update.

·
Registered
64 Posts
What is your issue? I'm in Canada but this feature seems to work pretty well for me - the only thing that's a bit dodgy maybe is that it'll sometimes pick up offramp speed limits when I'm not using the offramp, but otherwise it's a great feature.
Nonetheless, (I'm not an automotive systems software engineer but) I don't think that a Media Control Unit update would affect a feature like this. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

[Update]
Ah, I see in another thread that you mentioned you're not seeing speed signs at all in your dash/HUD.
Are you using CarPlay or Android Auto? When you are using maps in CarPlay it doesn't show signs, which I suspect is by design as it would be redundant with the speed limits that CarPlay already shows. Still, I dislike this limitation, I wish it still showed signs all the time regardless of whether you're using CarPlay. This probably is an MCU feature that could be affected by a firmware update.
I see speed and stop signs in my instrument cluster (upper left from the center gauge), but not in the HUD. It has been reported in various threads here that I should at least be seeing the speed limit signs in the HUD.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I see speed and stop signs in my instrument cluster (upper left from the center gauge), but not in the HUD. It has been reported in various threads here that I should at least be seeing the speed limit signs in the HUD.
Running 10050-
As long as you're not using navigation within AA/Carplay speed limit and stop signs will show up in the HUD and Instrument Cluster. If you start navigation (e.g. google maps) then they disappear. Mazda blames Google, google blames Mazda. However if you're using AA/Carplay for music only then they'll still show.

Edit: I may have said the same thing twice😂

·
Registered
14 Posts
That sucks. I believe there’s a setting to not show them in the HUD... have you tried toggling that off and on again? Might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sucks. I believe there’s a setting to not show them in the HUD... have you tried toggling that off and on again? Might be worth a shot.
It’s in the active driving display settings. I know cause mine likes to turn itself off and I have to go back and re enable it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Running 10050-
As long as you're not using navigation within AA/Carplay speed limit and stop signs will show up in the HUD and Instrument Cluster. If you start navigation (e.g. google maps) then they disappear. Mazda blames Google, google blames Mazda. However if you're using AA/Carplay for music only then they'll still show.

Edit: I may have said the same thing twice😂
I see you are in Canada, where you may have true Traffic Sign Recognition via the forward facing camera sensor. Here in the US, I have read here and elsewhere that we do not have true TSR - the stop and speed limit signs are instead pulled from the Navigiation system maps. I picked up my car from the dealer yesterday (oil change and SBS recall), and the service department informed me that 10018 is the latest firmware they have for the connect II system, yet 10050 is available on hidrive, and apparently at other dealerships. Now i have to decide if I am going to do this myself again. I performed the update from 10015 to 10018 in the hope that this would fix the issue. Nope. I just do not want to brick the system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Today I just noticed a minor issue where music was playing from a USB drive, but there was no sound. I also couldn’t change the volume at all. Holding down the volume knob to turn off the infotainment system, then turning it back on seemed to resolve the issue. It’s the first time I’ve seen this.

Perhaps this is a new issue?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Problems have been detected with the automatic emergency stop system (SBS).
The SBS system is sometimes activated while there are no obstacles in the front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine was already recalled last week, fixed early this week. In 2 months time the car had suddenly braked once when cruising on the highway. Hopefully it will never happen again for no reason.

In The Netherlands it seems to be that the latest version of the software is 10019. I'm reading there's a newer version in Canada? What improvements does it bring?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is now also a recall for me next week. I had the same problem and a message in the display that the Front radar safety system has failed temporarily.

I am also waiting for a new software update to replace 10019 but also for a new navigation map update 2020.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine was already recalled last week, fixed early this week. In 2 months time the car had suddenly braked once when cruising on the highway. Hopefully it will never happen again for no reason.

In The Netherlands it seems to be that the latest version of the software is 10019. I'm reading there's a newer version in Canada? What improvements does it bring?
The latest version my dealer has is 10018, my car came from the assembly with 10042, I updated it myself to 10050.

I didn't see any bug fixes as AA/Bluetooth bug + phone not being recognized as usb device were the only issues I had. Both are still present.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I see you are in Canada, where you may have true Traffic Sign Recognition via the forward facing camera sensor. Here in the US, I have read here and elsewhere that we do not have true TSR - the stop and speed limit signs are instead pulled from the Navigiation system maps. I picked up my car from the dealer yesterday (oil change and SBS recall), and the service department informed me that 10018 is the latest firmware they have for the connect II system, yet 10050 is available on hidrive, and apparently at other dealerships. Now i have to decide if I am going to do this myself again. I performed the update from 10015 to 10018 in the hope that this would fix the issue. Nope. I just do not want to brick the system.
Yes in Canada we do have true TSR where it uses a combination of GPS data+camera for signs. I found out TSR still works with Waze in AA so for once Mazda is correct in stating it's a Google maps issue for why it doesn't work in AA. You guys do have telematics in your vehicle's tho so different regions got different features.

As long as you follow the instructions, have a good standing flash drive formatted to fat32, and use a md5 checksum verification tool after downloading firmware there's only a 1% chance of bricking.
I would keep the engine at idle while updating because you don't want the infotainment to turn off on acc in the middle of the update.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes in Canada we do have true TSR where it uses a combination of GPS data+camera for signs. I found out TSR still works with Waze in AA so for once Mazda is correct in stating it's a Google maps issue for why it doesn't work in AA. You guys do have telematics in your vehicle's tho so different regions got different features.

As long as you follow the instructions, have a good standing flash drive formatted to fat32, and use a md5 checksum verification tool after downloading firmware there's only a 1% chance of bricking.
I would keep the engine at idle while updating because you don't want the infotainment to turn off on acc in the middle of the update.
Well, I successfully updated to 10050 - and I still do not see any speed limit signs in my HUD, despite what other US owners here say. I am now at a complete loss. The updates to v10018 and 10050, while successful, have been a complete bust for me as far as any added or unlocked features. Any other US owners care to shed any insight? Driving a 2019 Mazda3 hatch with premium trim, snowflake white pearl mica with red interior. I have also had the SBS recall performed. Thinking of disconnecting the battery in an attempt to reset the system.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, I successfully updated to 10050 - and I still do not see any speed limit signs in my HUD, despite what other US owners here say. I am now at a complete loss. The updates to v10018 and 10050, while successful, have been a complete bust for me as far as any added or unlocked features. Any other US owners care to shed any insight? Driving a 2019 Mazda3 hatch with premium trim, snowflake white pearl mica with red interior. I have also had the SBS recall performed. Thinking of disconnecting the battery in an attempt to reset the system.
Is it possible that is was somehow disabled in an obscure setting somewhere in the menu's for the HUD? You could try enabling/disabling it

121 - 138 of 138 Posts