2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats!
Are you able to automatically switch between Android Auto/Carplay and bluetooth audio without having to either re-pair or re-select your phone as a bluetooth audio device?

If I try to select Bluetooth as my music source while my phone is connected through USB and CarPlay is running I get a message that Bluetooth is disabled while using CarPlay. If I try to go through the menus it appears that I have to disconnect my phone from the USB port to use Bluetooth. I haven’t really gone through this thread, but I suspect this isn’t the answer you were hoping for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dealer won't let you update yourself. Best thing to do is to have the service center submit a detailed log of the issue to Mazda Corporate.
I posted this in another thread but the dealer updated it to 10018 and it didn't fix it, as expected. I told them they should take care of the front active sense braking recall while they had the car but of course like a dealership does they state "Oh well see our list here says not to be rolled out" even though I know for a fact mazda wants them done in a month or two. Guess what the phone call I got this morning was about? "Oh so uh I was wrong and yeah you should come back in for that update now that we know we can do it even if this piece of paper says we can't"

Sorry for getting off topic but it makes me angry and I'm going to wait to submit the issue to Mazda corporate when I'm not so frustrated with stealerships

·
Registered
140 Posts
If I try to select Bluetooth as my music source while my phone is connected through USB and CarPlay is running I get a message that Bluetooth is disabled while using CarPlay. If I try to go through the menus it appears that I have to disconnect my phone from the USB port to use Bluetooth. I haven’t really gone through this thread, but I suspect this isn’t the answer you were hoping for.
Sorry I should clarify the issue:
Initially, your phone is connected and playing music via Bluetooth.
You then connect your phone via usb for carplay/AA.
After disconnecting your phone from the usb port or the next time you turn over the car, does:
A) the car automatically reconnect to your phone via Bluetooth for phone and audio?
B) when you go to audio source>Bluetooth does it connect to your phone for audio without having to go into settings>connectivity>Bluetooth settings > [your device] > phone + audio?
C) Do you have to manually pair/unpaid/followthe steps described above?
Just curious if the issue has been fixed in 10048 or if we have to wait longer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good news! I started my CX-30, started playing Amazon Music via Bluetooth, then connected my phone to CarPlay and within a few seconds Amazon Music continued playing through CarPlay. I then unplugged my phone from CarPlay and the source menu came up, I selected Bluetooth as the source, and Amazon Music continued from where it left off. I tried this several times, on two different trips and it behaved like this every time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good news! I started my CX-30, started playing Amazon Music via Bluetooth, then connected my phone to CarPlay and within a few seconds Amazon Music continued playing through CarPlay. I then unplugged my phone from CarPlay and the source menu came up, I selected Bluetooth as the source, and Amazon Music continued from where it left off. I tried this several times, on two different trips and it behaved like this every time.
Good to hear the issue is fixed in 10048. Now to only wait for the dealer's to get access to that firmware so they can flash it.
Thank you for testing and providing feedback.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there any way you can check this with Android Auto?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried my Galaxy S6 and it wasn’t as seamless using Android Auto as it was with CarPlay and my iPhone. Part of that may because of the age of the phone and it’s operating system, not to mention my unfamiliarity at this point with android in general. With the S6, if I was playing Bluetooth audio and then connected my phone through the USB port it switched over fairly seamlessly, playing through Android Auto . When I removed the USB connection, I was able to get back to listening to Bluetooth audio without touching my phone, but I did have to follow some prompts on the cars display to get it going again. I’m not sure if this helps much.

In re-reading your last, clarifying post, if your comments about going into settings was referring to the car’s settings (your step B) then things may not have changed fo Android Auto. I don’t believe I had to do your step “C”.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I tried my Galaxy S6 and it wasn’t as seamless using Android Auto as it was with CarPlay and my iPhone. Part of that may because of the age of the phone and it’s operating system, not to mention my unfamiliarity at this point with android in general. With the S6, if I was playing Bluetooth audio and then connected my phone through the USB port it switched over fairly seamlessly, playing through Android Auto . When I removed the USB connection, I was able to get back to listening to Bluetooth audio without touching my phone, but I did have to follow some prompts on the cars display to get it going again. I’m not sure if this helps much.

In re-reading your last, clarifying post, if your comments about going into settings was referring to the car’s settings (your step B) then things may not have changed fo Android Auto. I don’t believe I had to do your step “C”.
You should be able to disconnect AA by unplugging the cable and with bluetooth on the car should auto connect and start playing, if it doesn't start playing the ONLY step you should need to take is pressing play on the phone or in the car.

Are you able to do this? Sounds promising.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Hmmm, that appears to be what I currently have to do with my s9+.
Guess I won't know until the dealer gets access to that update... (Whenever that is as most are still on 10018)

·
Registered
96 Posts
To clarify here, one can check if the issue is present by opening the bluetooth menu on android and seeing if both calls AND audio are turned on by the toggle being slid to the right and blue

As it stands, only calls is enabled and audio it's not possible to enable audio manually, although it should be automatic.

81 - 100 of 138 Posts