2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just had my car at the dealer this past Monday for the Rocker Arm recall. I asked them to check if there were any updates to Mazda Connect. I was told mine was the latest at 10015, and also told that they don't just install Connect updates unless the customer can point to a problem.

Anyone know what the 10018 update corrects or changes?

Tell the the problem is that its running an outdated version :D

Anyways it could simply be that the new version isn't released yet and maybe no plans to release it. Sometimes intrim firmware come out to fix/test specific things before an release version comes out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I called Mazda USA and asked what the latest version of Connect is for a North America Mazda 3. He couldn't find an answer. Then he transferred me to the Mazda Connect support number. The rep said their group doesn't know anything about the 2019 Mazda 3 Connect and haven't been trained. Then I got the usual talk to my dealer response.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The VERSION Update is Listed and Available ON Page 1 of this thread...
When I can and as I can Page 1 WILL ALWAYS have the latest available Information (from me) on PAGE 1.

For North America 7000C0A-NA01_10018 and Is available in the SERVER and see Changelog...and is the latest and fixes a few issues, see Changelog.

About to post a Changelog Post.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
CHANGELOGS For Gen II MZD/Mazda CONNECT

CHANGELOGS for Gen II MZD/Mazda CONNECT

• The latest version of MAZDA CONNECT II software cannot be rolled back to an earlier version.
• MMC does not always broadcast every or all changes done in latest Firmware Releases to Dealers.

------------------------------------------------------------------

REGION NA CMU_7000C0A-NA01

• Some owners may experience that the MAZDA CONNECT II unexpectedly announces the speed limit when the Connectivity Master Unit (CMU) wakes up, regardless of the ignition switch position (ON / ACC / OFF). The speed limit is announced when the vehicle is unlocked and a door is opened (waking up the CMU) without touching the start button.
This concern occurs on the vehicles located in Canada and Mexico including those driven to and from the U.S.
It is caused by improper CMU Firmware and the unnecessary speed limit announcement function left activated at the factory. To correct the concern, the CMU software has been modified with 7000C0A-NA01_10018 and the speed limit announcement function has been removed.

• Some owners may experience that the MAZDA CONNECT II unexpectedly announces navigation guidance when the Connectivity Master Unit (CMU) wakes up even with the ignition OFF. The navigation guidance is announced the next time the CMU wakes up if the ignition was switched OFF while navigating to a destination was in use.
This concern is caused by improper CMU software. To correct the concern, the CMU Firmware has been modified with 7000C0A-NA01_10018.

REGION EU CMU_7000C0A-EU01

REGION 4A CMU_7000C0A-4A01

THIS POST will be for regular Changelogs and will be updated when information is made available (not always), we do not have updated EU01 or 4A01 Firmware Files, IF you can get a copy from your Mazda Dealer PLEASE PM me to host it here in Server for others.
In most cases so many Changelogs / Firmware Updates with same bug fixes applies to all Regions even if No Changelogs are issued by the specific Mazda Distributor for that particular Region.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gents,

Please be easy on me as this is my first post here. I bought a new Mazda CX-9 Signature last week. (My son has a 2010 Mazda 3 & we had a Protege before that.) I came across the Mazda AIO Tweaks page when starting to research the 2019 Mazda CX-9 before I bought.

It’s a great vehicle but the infotainment system needs what folks seem to be doing at this Site.

Do you know if that’s possible with the 2019 models with Apple Car Play and Android Auto?

Do I have to take the Dash apart to do so?

I now have second thoughts that my vehicle may not be easily modified.

Can you advise?

I'm in Vancouver, BC Canada and would pay someone who could do this without damaging the car. The Dealer thought I was strange for asking.

Thanks for the assist.
For your model, you should take a look here: https://www.mazda3revolution.com/threads/genuine-carplay-android-auto-is-all-here-and-now.230249/

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
WARNINGS
Just thought I would mention this here as it is not an open secret.
Be VERY CAREFUL changing or altering ANYTHING PHYSICALLY that is connected to ANY Power Source.

Why?

Well this model Mazda (3) and NEXT Generation all new models, like new CX-30, New Mazda 6, etc has this very latest tech which verifies EVERY Parts as being correct, working correctly and doing what it is supposed to do.
ANY Changes Physically or normal wear and tare WILL Generate a DTC ( CEL Light on Dash) and a stored Diagnostic Trouble Code...which WILL NOT go away until THE issue is rectified as the Cars PCM/ECU stores and records this information UNTIL fixed. IF the Owner IGNORES problems then Computer will take over..and that is NOT a lot of Fun when car is put in (LHM) LIMP Home Mode.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My car was at the dealer last week (and going back again), normally when at the dealer they install new firmwares but I notice mine is still on 10013 (UK model)

41 - 60 of 138 Posts