2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

461 - 467 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am from Ukraine (Eastern Europe). I have a Mazda CX-30 2020, from America. Firmware 11002 for North America. If I install the latest firmware for Europe, will I have no problem with the vehicle?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
According to Mazda they tell Dealers you cant go backwards with Firmware version Number.

I really do not suggest you change Regions as North America has slightly different hardware.
How is your Navigation working in EU?
Radio Tuner?
Like the older Connect Firmware a Region Change does not resolve hardware issues.
(The Firmware for Europe and ADR 4A (Aust/NZ) is a lot more compatible, but your car is North America spec).

Go ahead and experiment if you wish and let us know, the Firmware for Regions/Countries is different for a reason.
Why would Mazda do it ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
How is your Navigation working in EU?
Radio Tuner?
I have not tried navigation yet.
The radio only works on even numbers.

I want to install carplay in a car. The dealer says that this is not possible with this firmware (11002). This is the reason for looking for firmware for Europe.
The question is, can I install EU01_10049 instead of 11002?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 · (Edited)
How about listening mate...

NO, IF you install EU01_10049 you are GOING BACKWARDS, you NOW have 11002 which is a HIGHER Number meaning it is a LATER Version of Firmware, BUT YES it is for North America MARKET ONLY, because YOUR CAR is meant for the NORTH America MARKET and as I said some of the HARDWARE inside the dash is not the same as EUROPE., why your radio is not working correctly and the Navigation will not work as it has the wrong SD card for Europe for starters.

Second YOUR DEALER (Mazda I take it is wrong) you need a Minimum of 11012.kwi Firmware or later (newer) for Carplay and AA activation, and the MAZDA DEALER Service does this via MDARS, this is the ONLY way...have a look around I put a Video showing HOW IT IS DONE from Mazda Japan.

I would be UPDATING with NA01 Firmware from here (see link), and then getting the DEALER to do the MDARS update for CP/AA.
YOU can upgrade the Firmware yourself do it by the .pdf Instructions in link.
NA01 11012

Me in CX-30 Forum
CP/AA Activation

Here is the Mazda Japan Video, show to Dealer.
MDARS CPAA

Oh yeah (edit) there is a possibility that your EU Mazda Dealer may not be able to access MDARS for a North American car in the EU as the MDARS Network goes through MME Portal and MME Portal like MNAO (USA) ONLY recognises VINs for their own market.
Meaning your Europe Mazda Dealer may have issues with his MDARS and your cars North American VIN, as MME (Mazda Motors Europe) may not permit access.
Only way around that is to take car back to USA/North America.

I know Mazda NAO Dealer website says MDARS will ONLY do cars for North American market, I assume the same for MME.

Let us know how you got on, as I can not answer that exactly, this is part of the problem with todays computer cars when you export to other countries....if that is what you did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think this talk about MDARS and Android Auto/Apple Carplay is a bit confusing, what if I upgrade my EU 10024 that has Android Auto working to 10049 firmware, will Android Auto still work after the upgrade or will it have to be separately activated again through MDARS (which only Mazda dealers will be able to access appearently?).

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
No only confusing to you,

WHY should you be bothered? you already have CP/AA in your model don't you?

The MDARS (Mazda Dealer only config with MDARS) is ONLY for BASE MODEL (as the post above yours says in red from MAZDA) that did not come with CP/AA activated from factory..
Clearly your model is not the base model or the bare bones or the poverty pack (as some call it).

As you are in EU then yes you can update to the later Firmware EU10049 with no issues at all as CP/AA is already configured and working in your car.

461 - 467 of 467 Posts