2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

441 - 460 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Premium Plus Turbo AWD Hatchback
18 Posts
I think TJA works at higher speeds, just not the steering assist portion of TJA once you go over 40MPH. Also the steering assist apparently disables if you take your hands off the wheel, which is curious.
TJA without the steering is just MRCC. Also, steering doesn't immediately disable if you remove your hands but if the car doesn't think you're hands are on the wheel for too long it will warn you then disable if you don't comply.

·
Registered
712 Posts
TJA without the steering is just MRCC. Also, steering doesn't immediately disable if you remove your hands but if the car doesn't think you're hands are on the wheel for too long it will warn you then disable if you don't comply.
Maybe but it's still called TJA. If I'm understanding correctly, TJA = MRCC w Stop and Go + Steering Assist Function below 40MPH.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think TJA works at higher speeds, just not the steering assist portion of TJA once you go over 40MPH. Also the steering assist apparently disables if you take your hands off the wheel, which is curious.
Before update version 10047, the steering wheel alarm also worked at low speeds, such as when driving off without hands on the wheel. After this update 10047, no steering wheel alarm will be given at all.
I would like to know why Mazda has removed this feature.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Before update version 10047, the steering wheel alarm also worked at low speeds, such as when driving off without hands on the wheel. After this update 10047, no steering wheel alarm will be given at all.
I would like to know why Mazda has removed this feature.
Did you check your settings for Driver Attention Alerts?

Interestingly, there's a camera in the display that monitors facial features for fatigue (presumably closed eyes?). Neat...

·
Registered
712 Posts
I don't know then. TBH I think that's going to be hard to pinpoint, especially with differences in EU v. US, Connect I v. Connect II, TJA versus MRCC + Stop and Go, etc.

Also, it's not really an alarm. For the TJA implementation, it's more that you can't use semi-autonomous features while completely checking out. That's different than the Driver Attention Alert that's looking to avoid a situation where the driver falls asleep or passes out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Why there is no adr files?
No ADR files as it would appear the AU models use EU firmware. Mine shipped from the factory with EU firmware.

In additional, there's been 1 firmware update in the near 2 years of owning my car; and that's the EU one in the Hi Drive folder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No ADR files as it would appear the AU models use EU firmware. Mine shipped from the factory with EU firmware.

In additional, there's been 1 firmware update in the near 2 years of owning my car; and that's the EU one in the Hi Drive folder.
This seems to be the case, our AU model CX-30 was delivered in DEC 2020 with EU01_10047

I've updated to the EU 10049 version without any issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took mine (2019 Mazda3) to the dealer (Brighton Mazda, VIC, Australia) and they did the software update to 10049 for free. Even washed the car 😁 When I called beforehand, they couldn't tell me the version available, only that they would flash whatever was the "latest".

I do now have a weird issue with Spotify getting stuck not playing music when i first turn on the car, but that might be unrelated. Android Auto is generally pretty buggy at the best of times... One workaround I've found is to disable the "Automatically resume media" setting in the Android Auto app.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just took mine (2019 Mazda3) to the dealer (Brighton Mazda, VIC, Australia) and they did the software update to 10049 for free. Even washed the car 😁 When I called beforehand, they couldn't tell me the version available, only that they would flash whatever was the "latest".

I do now have a weird issue with Spotify getting stuck not playing music when i first turn on the car, but that might be unrelated. Android Auto is generally pretty buggy at the best of times... One workaround I've found is to disable the "Automatically resume media" setting in the Android Auto app.
Version 10049 is the latest version for AU. There are a few small bugs (very small) in this version. I use CarPlay and not Android Auto so unfortunately cannot comment on that for you. Hoping for a new version soon, it's been a very long time for the AU models to receive any sort of update.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Anyone else finding Waze to be super glitchy on 11016 with CarPlay? I keep having to restart it to get it to display the Upcoming/Next Turn information. Minor gripe, but it drives me bonkers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here. I always had weird Android Auto bugs but now I can only listen to Spotify after rebooting my phone. Very annoying.

441 - 460 of 467 Posts