2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

421 - 440 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
MAZDA only releases an update about once a year, unless some serious issue.
Production car line cars will always have a Later Version, it is up to Mazda IF and when it is released.

·
Registered
23 Posts
MAZDA only releases an update about once a year, unless some serious issue.
Production car line cars will always have a Later Version, it is up to Mazda IF and when it is released.
After updating version 10047 the steering wheel alarm no longer worked, even after update version 10049 the steering wheel alarm still does not work.

What is the reason that this safety option has been disabled?

See Mazda 3 2020 Manual, page 4-149.
If you take your hands off the steering wheel (not holding the steering wheel), the warning sound is activated and an alert is indicated on the multi-information display and the active driving display.

·
Registered
35 Posts
After updating version 10047 the steering wheel alarm no longer worked, even after update version 10049 the steering wheel alarm still does not work.

What is the reason that this safety option has been disabled?

See Mazda 3 2020 Manual, page 4-149.
If you take your hands off the steering wheel (not holding the steering wheel), the warning sound is activated and an alert is indicated on the multi-information display and the active driving display.
Yes I have noticed this as well, not a problem as I continue to hold the steering wheel to drive. It does still alert you, but it appears the timeout for this has been extended, either by design or unintentional error.

·
Registered
23 Posts
What is the time-out in seconds of this steering wheel alarm on your Mazda after updating version 10047.

·
Registered
712 Posts
There is an upcoming update to allow level 2 autonomous driving, ie. keeping in lane up to 200km/h, could be related.
Is this only in the EU? In the US, there's a similar feature where if you swerve out of your lane enough times within a period of time, it'll warn you to get some rest, but I didn't notice any steering alerts if you pull your hands away from the wheel while in Drive.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is the time-out in seconds of this steering wheel alarm on your Mazda after updating version 10047.
I haven't specifically timed it, but it's much much longer than it was prior. Actually it's that much longer that it's a bit scary having your hands off the wheel for that long until the alarm goes off.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I haven't specifically timed it, but it's much much longer than it was prior. Actually it's that much longer that it's a bit scary having your hands off the wheel for that long until the alarm goes off.
Makes you wonder how many people die every year due to testing a safety feature in their cars. Probably a non-trivial number.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
114 Posts
There is an upcoming update to allow level 2 autonomous driving, ie. keeping in lane up to 200km/h, could be related.
Did someone at Mazda confirm this for you? This would be BIG news if it were true.
I have TJA and it's rarely useful because the max steering angle is too acute for even slight curves in the road, and it engages and disengages seemingly randomly. Being able to lane-center cruise at highway speed would make my commute a lot easier.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Did someone at Mazda confirm this for you? This would be BIG news if it were true.
I have TJA and it's rarely useful because the max steering angle is too acute for even slight curves in the road, and it engages and disengages seemingly randomly. Being able to lane-center cruise at highway speed would make my commute a lot easier.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I tried it only once, on a non-populated straight road. I wouldn't recommend testing safety features.
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you might. It just got me thinking. In a way, for the certain tech to succeed, it has to be transparent. Surprisingly, I'm liking having the incentive to drop my phone in the armrest to charge wirelessly while I drive. Severs the cord and leaves the phone out of the way.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
114 Posts
Looks like it's not a simple update that can be done through the infotainment, but rather a recall/service campaign like CSP06 (this enabled connected services) in the US, which updated a number of different control modules.

Here's the list of improvements translated.
  • (1) Engine and AT (automatic transmission) control program for vehicles equipped with the new-generation gasoline engine "e-SKYACTIV X" (e-SKYACTIV produced from November 8, 2019 to November 27, 2020) (For vehicles equipped with X) The
    responsiveness and controllability to quick accelerator operation has been improved, the driving feel that stretches comfortably up to high speeds has evolved, and Mazda's goal of Jinba-Ittai driving will be further refined.
  • (2) Cruising & Traffic Support (CTS) control program (for vehicles equipped with CTS produced from April 2, 2019 to December 1, 2020) The
    maximum operating speed has been raised from approximately 55km / h to the highway range. Supports reduction of driving fatigue during traffic jams on motorways.
  • (3) Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) control program (for all vehicles produced from March 5, 2019 to August 28, 2020)
    Acceleration / deceleration control in follow-up driving will be smoother according to human characteristics.

There's a good chance this will be brought to the US and other markets, since CSP06 was released, and I'm sure a majority of 7th-gen vehicles in the US has MRCC. Hopefully it comes soon.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 GT Sport 2.5T w/ PP
246 Posts
American and Canadian model 3's don't have CTS, though. CTS isn't the same as TJA, IIRC.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
114 Posts
American and Canadian model 3's don't have CTS, though. CTS isn't the same as TJA, IIRC.
CTS (Europe & Asia) and TJA (NA) are the same technology with different names for different markets. The old CTS is limited to 55 kph (~35 mph), TJA is limited to 40 mph. This video shows the new CTS in action; it's the same as the old CTS but with a smoother throttle/braking curve & no 55 kph limit.

In the NA market, most Mazda 3s have MRCC, and Premium Plus models have TJA.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well if your car doesn't have CTS/MRCC don't count on this update. Mine does, so, well, i hope it hits Europe soon

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 GT Sport 2.5T w/ PP
246 Posts
CTS (Europe & Asia) and TJA (NA) are the same technology with different names for different markets. The old CTS is limited to 55 kph (~35 mph), TJA is limited to 40 mph. This video shows the new CTS in action; it's the same as the old CTS but with a smoother throttle/braking curve & no 55 kph limit.

In the NA market, most Mazda 3s have MRCC, and Premium Plus models have TJA.
Ah, good to know. It would be great to have TJA working at 100+ KM/h speeds.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Ah, good to know. It would be great to have TJA working at 100+ KM/h speeds.
I think TJA works at higher speeds, just not the steering assist portion of TJA once you go over 40MPH. Also the steering assist apparently disables if you take your hands off the wheel, which is curious.

421 - 440 of 467 Posts