2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

401 - 420 of 467 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello Mazda3Revlolution family:

I have had quite the struggle getting Connected Services to remote start my 2019 Mazda3 Premium Sedan. Initially Connected Services wasn't working at all. Two weeks ago the mechanic got the OK from Irvine California to order me a new "Telematics Control Unit".
This was shipped and installed, and I picked up the car yesterday.
From the Mazda app on my iPhone I can:
Lock/Unlock car
Lights on/off
What I can't do is start the car.
I push the button on the app and the lights inside the car turn on, the display starts up, the engine does that pre-start sound, and then everything goes black.
I've tried this between trips (driving 15+ minutes), and with the remote both 50 feet from the car and 5 miles from the car. The tank is full of gas, and there are no engine check lights on. I live in Washington DC itself, and cellular coverage is excellent.
The dealer mechanic is at a loss and has spoken with the guys in Irvine, and they seem to be at a loss as well. The software is up to date.
Here are the error messages I get on the app:

I am so frustrated by this whole experience. After 4 visits to the dealer for this one issue I feel like Irvine has just given up on me. I don't blame the dealer or mechanic. The truth is, if Mazda is offering this service and my car is under warrenty, it should work.
I'll bring it back to the dealer next week (visit #5).
Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions? Thank you!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 · (Edited)
See.Pdf Download, this is what US Mazda Dealers MUST do in this order with their MDARS Diagnostics and it take the Dealer about 30 minutes, it is FREE for US Customers @ Dealership..
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROGRAMM CSP06 it is called....tell your Dealer to look it up it is probably what he has already done, he must follow all directions exactly in the MNAO Pdf., and must clear any DTC's.
PLUS your car MUST have the latest Mazda Connect Firmware installed for NA01 11012 or higher the .kwi file, you can do that one yourself if you want to, just follow pdf install directions, ONLY use NA01 Firmware, I have posted latest see in HiDrive link in my signature below....you can update or check that you have the latest.

I also posted a MCS FAQ List that 'may' help you..

A couple of suggestions you could try, I think you said are iPhone user (pity ..joke) android guy personally. :)

Make sure your Phone OS is updated.

Providing you have latest Connect Firmware in car, if not update it.

UNPAIR Phone to Car via Phone Bluetooth and IF you have or had Wi-Fi Connected to car also forget/remove (keep copy of any Network Log In Details with Verizon if you are using it..?), Then complete Uninstall of MyMazda App, after that I think iphone has a clean up or check/clean device app as part of systems apps, run that too, shut down phone and reboot... then TURN OFF PHONE....do not do anymore to phone.. leave in house.

Then
Disconnect Car Negative Battery Terminal, unbolt pull off cleanly...leave if off for at least 10 minutes, even a little longer.
Reconnect with precision, you may see a slight spark, do not panic bolt on....Leave Phone in House still even IF you see a Mazda Connect warning/notice asking to be connect with phone, start car go for a short drive, come back... turn off car, take key with you, key fob thingy MUST be 8 meters or 25 feet from car or car will not go to sleep properly.
THEN WAIT 10 minutes....car will fully shut off.

Then turn on phone in house, reinstall MyMazda App and re-register with phone and cars full VIN.
Take key fobby to car, unlock car, start car.
Run the phone pairing required, etc, how to or see FAQ.

Get back

EDIT: Jan 2021 There appears to be now a Recall on this Customer Service Program CSP06 for 2019 Mazda 3 only (USA) where owners can not still connect to Mazda Connected Services, the new CSP is CSP07, call your Dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello to everybody,
I am new member from Italy and I have a question about the language setting of my Mazda 3 Infotainment system (MY 2019).
I picked up my car at the beginning of December, when the dealer was introducing me all the MZD connect functions he was not able to change the language from "English-UK" to Italian or other EU languages, the related row pratically was not selectable with the knob.
Last but not least the car had a low battery level that I guess caused this kind of problem. The car has been turned on the first time with the booster...
The day after I came back to the dealer workshop and the firmware was updated to the latest version "10049" for EU models, also with this upgrade the language setting problem still occour.
I would like to ask you if somebody already had similar problem and how it has been fixed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well my friend IF you READ the .txt WARNINGS which is for the 2021 Mazda CX-9 and 2021 CX-5 ONLY for NA (USA ONLY at this stage until vehicle roll out in EU), these cars have the .kwi layout and look same as the new Mazda 3 and CX-30, BUT the Files are NOT the same, IF you looked closely, the BP and DM Mazda's take NA01, these new 2021 take NA03 and yes other numbers are similar but NOT the same.
WHY, well becasue from a diagnostic point of view and All the cars Operating Systems these 2021 CX-5 and CX-9's use a COMBINATION of old Mazda IDS (Ford system) and the new MDARS (Bosch system), so Dealers MUST use MDARS for all Connect issues and Mazda IDS for everything else. Plus these two 2021 CX's have a 10.5 inch screen.

So until I hear differently DO NOT Install the NA03 .kwi in ANY Mazda 3 or CX-30, stay with NA01 or EU01 in Germany's case.
New CX-5 2021 owner here, however the screen is 8 inch, and the software installed is the old Mazda connect. Can I use the NA03 to update to the new Mazda Connect II ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
[QUOTE = "KR23, сообщение: 2503039, участник: 559714"]
Всем привет,
проблема решена с помощью "восстановления заводских настроек" ... решение проще, чем я думал!!
[/ QUOTE]
Взаимодействие с другими людьми
Thank you friend! Tell me in more detail in which menu to restore the factory settings?

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2019 Hatch 1.5 AT
42 Posts
[QUOTE = "KR23, сообщение: 2503039, участник: 559714"]
Всем привет,
проблема решена с помощью "восстановления заводских настроек" ... решение проще, чем я думал!!
[/ QUOTE]
Взаимодействие с другими людьми
Спасибо тебе друг! Подскажите поподробнее в каком меню восстановить заводские настройки?
Excuse me bro, but he will not answer you according your language, only English friend, only.
But I will give an answer to you and repeat into Ukrainian language.
You must enter to settings, going down and then find restore factory settings and follow instructions.
Ти повинен зайти в системні налаштування, потім спуститися вниз та знайти відновлення заводських налаштувань та слідувати інструкціям авто.
🖖

·
Registered
9 Posts
I still reset the settings. Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem, in place of Polish I now have English without the ability to change. Have thoughts what to do?

·
Registered
35 Posts
There seems to be little revised firmware releases for the connect II system; considering some small bugs. What versions do people have on recently delivered vehicles? I'm located in Australia, so we have the AU and EU versions of the firmware.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After software update version 100047 there is no more message to hold the steering wheel.
See Mazda 3 manual 2019 page 4 -149 for description.
Mazda 3 Dutch manual see page 4 - 183
Is this also noticed by others after updating software version 100047 ?

NOTE.
If you take your hands off the steering wheel (not holding the steering wheel), the warning sound is activated and an alert is indicated on the multi-information display and the active driving display. Multi-information display Active driving display If the steering wheel is held lightly, or depending on the road conditions, the system determines that you have released the steering wheel (not holding the steering wheel) even if you are holding it, and an alert is indicated on the multi-information display and the active driving display.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
Are you making an observation or complaining about the change...sorry, but the world is now full of whiners. ;)

As I see it YES, it is a good thing,
Yes you must hold steering wheel with TWO hands ad Grip it.
Mazda's are not self driving and I hope they never will be as I will never own any car that is, THAT is part of the pleasure of Driving, if one wants something or someone else to drive take a taxi or UBER.

:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
After software update version 100047 there is no more message to hold the steering wheel.
Yes I have noticed this as well, not a problem as I continue to hold the steering wheel to drive. It does still alert you, but it appears the timeout for this has been extended, either by design or unintentional error.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Are you making an observation or complaining about the change...sorry, but the world is now full of whiners. ;)
don't be sorry, you did not create the firmware, you just made it available
please keep doing it and people must take the risk
possible flaws would come by updating at home or at the dealer

·
Registered
2021 Mazda3 GT Sport 2.5T w/ PP
246 Posts
I noticed that latest version available from ASH8 for the Mazda3 is 11012 but my new '21 turbo Mazda3 has 11016 installed. And the one under the '21 folder is 11022 but is apparently only for the CX5 and 9.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Mazda 3 Skyactiv X Luxury got update from 10047 to version 10049 today, does anyone know what improvements / changes have been made with this version?

401 - 420 of 467 Posts