2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have the GS or GT ? This problem is only certain GT. I’m not using the SD card so the voice is not talking. I’m waiting for Mazda update.
I've got the GT and the voice kept saying "You've entered Canada..." Till I used the navigation system once.. (it's pretty nice with the heads up display indication lol)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Do you have a picture of this? are you sure this is mazda's update or it may be an android auto's update?

*Sorry forgot to quote.
I'm sure it was the car firmware as I dropped the car off to get the firmware updated along with some accessories installed, when I got it back Android Auto is now full screen like ACP. I didn't have any updates on my phone during that time. I'll try to get a pic and post it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sure it was the car firmware as I dropped the car off to get the firmware updated along with some accessories installed, when I got it back Android Auto is now full screen like ACP. I didn't have any updates on my phone during that time. I'll try to get a pic and post it.
Thank's, will wait for the picture since the dealership already updated mine and Android Auto is still the same. Maybe the update here in Mexico is a different one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank's, will wait for the picture since the dealership already updated mine and Android Auto is still the same. Maybe the update here in Mexico is a different one.
You have to enter developer mode on Android auto and change some settings. A quick Google search bwill show you how to do that. I got my car in April and once I changed the setting to allow 1080p output, I then had full screen Android Auto.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5google.com/2018/01/12/how-to-enable-android-auto-developer-settings-android-basics/amp/

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have to enter developer mode on Android auto and change some settings. A quick Google search bwill show you how to do that. I got my car in April and once I changed the setting to allow 1080p output, I then had full screen Android Auto.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5google.com/2018/01/12/how-to-enable-android-auto-developer-settings-android-basics/amp/

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I did that when I got the car back in january and it goes widescreen but not really full screen, there are still black bars on the side, smaller ones, but black bars nonetheless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did that when I got the car back in january and it goes widescreen but not really full screen, there are still black bars on the side, smaller ones, but black bars nonetheless.
Oh yeah. Mine has small black bars on the side but its nothing like the rear view camara. Is the new firmware supposed to completely fill the screen?

I wonder if new firmware can fix the jerkiness of the radar cruise control..

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
So after reading this I realized there are small black bars. So for me, after the firmware update I went from a 4:3 aspect ratio screen with giant black bars on the sides to a 16:9 ratio screen with <1cm black bars on each side. Sorry for not noticing earlier that was it wasn't 100% full screen. I was just so happy to not have a tiny, nearly useless UI that I didn't look closely at it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gents,

Please be easy on me as this is my first post here. I bought a new Mazda CX-9 Signature last week. (My son has a 2010 Mazda 3 & we had a Protege before that.) I came across the Mazda AIO Tweaks page when starting to research the 2019 Mazda CX-9 before I bought.

It’s a great vehicle but the infotainment system needs what folks seem to be doing at this Site.

Do you know if that’s possible with the 2019 models with Apple Car Play and Android Auto?

Do I have to take the Dash apart to do so?

I now have second thoughts that my vehicle may not be easily modified.

Can you advise?

I'm in Vancouver, BC Canada and would pay someone who could do this without damaging the car. The Dealer thought I was strange for asking.

Thanks for the assist.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm wondering.

Right now Mazda 3 in NA (North America -Canada USA & Mexico) have configured the main headlights along with the Halo as DRL.

*In Europe the drl are just the Halo LED.

Do you guys think that using the update from a Europe version would change this settings , or it would just mess up the whole system?

Regards from Mexico

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's new in 10018?

I found strange 3 things in the version 10013:

* Automatic headlights are not really configurable. In some tunnels lights do not turn on, and there is no way to configure it in the menu. In Mazda3 2017 you could easily change the luminosity
threshold.

* If pressed the lock key in the trunk, if works even the keys are inside the vehicle.

* If disabled the Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) in the advance menu, just to enable the traditional cruise control, the configuration is not saved.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just had my car at the dealer this past Monday for the Rocker Arm recall. I asked them to check if there were any updates to Mazda Connect. I was told mine was the latest at 10015, and also told that they don't just install Connect updates unless the customer can point to a problem.

Anyone know what the 10018 update corrects or changes?

21 - 40 of 138 Posts