2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

361 - 375 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
First up, thanks to @ASH8 for keeping this thread up to date and all the effort put into this. It's a great resource and saved me heaps of time arguing with dealer service dept about getting SW updated, I did try to get them to do it....

I loaded the EU 10049 into my 2020 Mazda3 with no problems and it works great, fixed the main bug (TSR not showing during Android Auto navigation) that I was after and more.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 HB GT 2021
2 Posts
I'm from mexico city, mine has 11002 firmware version. Is it possible to upgrade with the North america latest firmware (11012) or may brick my device? 😔
I have the AA issue when connecting to it, bluetooth media audio goes disabled , so need to re enable the option in the bluetooth settings if I want to listen music through bluetooth and sometimes Audio Stuttering while listening music through AA.
It is so annoying, mine is a 2021 Maza3 HB. It is a shame.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just seeing if anyone from the UK has updated there? My car was bought last year, it has been in for various recalls since then and just got my car back after an ECU reset where they claim the software has been updated. It hasn't though I am still on version 10013 which is the exact same release it was on back in June 2019.

Also when you say "turn on the ignition" I presume you just press start to power up the car, and not press the clutch at the same time to "start the ignition", you don't want the engine running?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just to let you know I updated my car from 10013 to 10049 (EU). On my 2019 UK Sport Lux. I then took it out for a spin to test as many systems as I could.

New noticeable changes

1. TSR now works when running android Auto
2. You now get notified when approaching traffic cameras. You get a verbal warning when you are approaching one and when you are more or less passing it. I heard warning for both speed cameras and red light cameras. The navigation software does not need to be running for this function to work. I didn't test though if it still functions when in Android auto
3. You now get a verbal message telling you to slow down, if you approach a speed camera and are going faster than the TSR (this is in addition to the old beep you can still use)

One thing I am curious if now works is being able to answer whatsapp calls from the steering wheel controls. This has always irritated me, the answer button does nothing (it works for normal mobile calls) and you can hang up you just can't answer. Ill update once I've been able to test it.

Everything else seems ok atm will let you know if anything is wrong. For me the update was smooth, I am very technical minded, ill root phones and but dodgy firmwares on games consoles etc, but for a car though the update is simple, if something had have gone wrong I would have been buggered :D

Note to others, make sure you use a fat32 formatted usb drive (this is the same if you want to put movies etc on a disk drive), I updated mine with the engine running just so I didn't get any potential auto switch off. Took about 10 mins, maybe less, performed 6 updates, a couple of them were over in about 5 seconds, rest were 2 or 3 mins. And that was it.

Edit:

Yes Speed camera's warnings still work when you have Android Auto open, and I think the bug has been fixed when trying to answer whats app calls via the steering wheel buttons.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello ASH8
Do you have more detaila about applicable countries?
In practice will Mazda Europe be able to activate Connected Services on my 2019?
Guess it depends on the country, in the UK for example it would be illegal as you are not allowed to leave a running car unattended, so starting a car from an app would essentially mean the car is running unattended.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Guess it depends on the country, in the UK for example it would be illegal as you are not allowed to leave a running car unattended, so starting a car from an app would essentially mean the car is running unattended.
I doubt there would be much demand for it in the UK but its not illegal if the car is on private property like your driveway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone suceed install EU fw for Connect II in USA car, i mean to solve EU langs, EU region and EU maps SD card to be recognized in car from USA with USA fw?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I doubt there would be much demand for it in the UK but its not illegal if the car is on private property like your driveway.
True it's only on public roads, but in a recent stat check which was in regards to the 2030 change to electric cars only being sold, it was stated that less than 5% of the country have private off road parking available. So thats 95% of car owners unable to legally use a feature and 95% of car owners that can't also legally charge their vehicle at home.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 GT AWD - Sedan
13 Posts
Updated from 10018 to 11012 on a Canadian Mazda 3. Can not tell of any differences yet. The update worked up as described.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How to know which region? What is ADR? I'm from Indonesia and using version 10015

And can use other region firmware?

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sounds like it is coming/available in the uk

"Connected Services are currently only for owners of the all-new Mazda MX-30. Deliveries will start in early 2021."

361 - 375 of 375 Posts