2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
NA01 11012 installed successfully. The main menu shows as soon as I press the start button. Am I imagining things or was there a delay before?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am I missing anything? I try the key combination but it does not come up with the service information screen, when I try the knob it turns the radio off and not mute the radio. Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I updated to latest firmware. I brought in my 2019 3 for the connected services update. There is a X over the connected services bar despite being on the latest software. Just to confirm this means they still need to enable in my car correct?

·
Registered
9 Posts
NA01 11012 installed successfully. The main menu shows as soon as I press the start button. Am I imagining things or was there a delay before?
I noticed this too. It seems to skip past the warning screen about being distracted by the screen while driving.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The latest update, NA 11012, now keeps TSR functional when maps/google/waze is active in CarPlay - and when I say active, I mean directions inputted and guidance active. Yay!

·
Registered
2019 Polymetal Grey Mazda 3 Premium Hatchback Manual
1 Posts
So i finally bit the bullet and joined the forum for this post. Currently updating now while the wife is gone and the kid is distracted with netflix

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #349 (Edited)
I updated to latest firmware. I brought in my 2019 3 for the connected services update. There is a X over the connected services bar despite being on the latest software. Just to confirm this means they still need to enable in my car correct?
For 2019s yes, your Dealer has to do a MDARS update to the TCU. (Telematics Control Unit), which then gives you proper MyMazda APP control on Smart Phones.
The is a Mazda USA Dealer Campaign on this CSP06.
QUOTE CSP06 number.
There is specific Reprogramming of many Modules and the Dealer Requires you to leave your smart phone. (You first Install the MyMazda App version 6.0.0 on your phone before you go there and register your car IF you have not done so before the Dealer reprogramming).
These are the procedure order for update with MDARS.
BCM
LFU
TCU
Activation Remote Control by Owner Smart Phone

CMU Update
This ONLY applies to North American BP Mazda 3 of 2019, other countries are rolling out similar soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am I missing anything? I try the key combination but it does not come up with the service information screen, when I try the knob it turns the radio off and not mute the radio. Any help appreciated!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Keep holding - it turns off but a few seconds later boots you into the diagnostic screen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The latest update, NA 11012, now keeps TSR functional when maps/google/waze is active in CarPlay - and when I say active, I mean directions inputted and guidance active. Yay!
Hey there, do you see any other improvements as well? currently on 10050, thinking about upgrading, installed digital Manual today only, it's pretty cool, Dealer should have uploaded that in the first place though, considering I bought the car last week only. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I updated to NA 11012 easily enough. I don't see anything different yet, but everything is still working. What do you mean by keeps TSR functional?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey there, do you see any other improvements as well? currently on 10050
The dealer is only interested in taking your money and doing as little as possible. That said going from 10048? I think to 110xx the infotainment becomes faster and more responsive on all screens

·
Registered
17 Posts
The dealer is only interested in taking your money and doing as little as possible. That said going from 10048? I think to 110xx the infotainment becomes faster and more responsive on all screens
M currently on 10050, which came with the car, major issue I have is with AA, whenever i take the cable off, the navigation is gone, have to search again when I connect back the cable, same happens when car is switched off or turned from ACC to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
M currently on 10050, which came with the car, major issue I have is with AA, whenever i take the cable off, the navigation is gone, have to search again when I connect back the cable, same happens when car is switched off or turned from ACC to start.
I don't understand. How do you think it should behave? You do know AA is just simply mirroring your phone, right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I thought in the new update, it remembers that I have been navigating to some place, even if the cable gets disconnected by a sudden jerk and reconnects itself, just like playlist/music resumes itself, navigation should too, right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Signed up to say thanks for posting these firmware updates! Saves a lot of time and energy trying to get the dealer to do it.

I installed NA01_11012 on my US CX-30, and am super happy to report that Traffic Sign Recognition on the HUD/Dash now works while navigating with CarPlay! Really glad that I can use both at once now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For 2019s yes, your Dealer has to do a MDARS update to the TCU. (Telematics Control Unit), which then gives you proper MyMazda APP control on Smart Phones.
The is a Mazda USA Dealer Campaign on this CSP06.
QUOTE CSP06 number.
There is specific Reprogramming of many Modules and the Dealer Requires you to leave your smart phone. (You first Install the MyMazda App version 6.0.0 on your phone before you go there and register your car IF you have not done so before the Dealer reprogramming).
These are the procedure order for update with MDARS.
BCM
LFU
TCU
Activation Remote Control by Owner Smart Phone

CMU Update
This ONLY applies to North American BP Mazda 3 of 2019, other countries are rolling out similar soon.
Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed information. Answered my questions immediately. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the car updated.

Planning to follow the typical routine. "The car is bugged with AA in this way (the BT/Cable bug for audio playback), you need to update the firmware to see if it fixes it since you have no changelog." They usually state they have to charge me and I remind them it's an issue with the car under warranty, finally causing them to back down.

Crazy how the car has been out 2 years and they just now provide this functionality. definitely a negative for Mazda in my book when you add in the other software bug I just mentioned, but it is what it is.

341 - 360 of 375 Posts