2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

321 - 340 of 375 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
@ASH8 Thanks for the new EU files. But what's the "Mazda Connect 1.5"? I understand that it is for other/newer models only. But do you know why it is a lower version number then, and what are the differences to Mazda Connect 2.0?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
@ASH8 Thanks for the new EU files. But what's the "Mazda Connect 1.5"? I understand that it is for other/newer models only. But do you know why it is a lower version number then, and what are the differences to Mazda Connect 2.0?
Well my friend IF you READ the .txt WARNINGS which is for the 2021 Mazda CX-9 and 2021 CX-5 ONLY for NA (USA ONLY at this stage until vehicle roll out in EU), these cars have the .kwi layout and look same as the new Mazda 3 and CX-30, BUT the Files are NOT the same, IF you looked closely, the BP and DM Mazda's take NA01, these new 2021 take NA03 and yes other numbers are similar but NOT the same.
WHY, well becasue from a diagnostic point of view and All the cars Operating Systems these 2021 CX-5 and CX-9's use a COMBINATION of old Mazda IDS (Ford system) and the new MDARS (Bosch system), so Dealers MUST use MDARS for all Connect issues and Mazda IDS for everything else. Plus these two 2021 CX's have a 10.5 inch screen.

So until I hear differently DO NOT Install the NA03 .kwi in ANY Mazda 3 or CX-30, stay with NA01 or EU01 in Germany's case.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well my friend IF you READ the .txt WARNINGS which is for the 2021 Mazda CX-9 and 2021 CX-5 ONLY for NA (USA ONLY at this stage until vehicle roll out in EU), these cars have the .kwi layout and look same as the new Mazda 3 and CX-30, BUT the Files are NOT the same, IF you looked closely, the BP and DM Mazda's take NA01, these new 2021 take NA03 and yes other numbers are similar but NOT the same.
WHY, well becasue from a diagnostic point of view and All the cars Operating Systems these 2021 CX-5 and CX-9's use a COMBINATION of old Mazda IDS (Ford system) and the new MDARS (Bosch system), so Dealers MUST use MDARS for all Connect issues and Mazda IDS for everything else. Plus these two 2021 CX's have a 10.5 inch screen.

So until I hear differently DO NOT Install the NA03 .kwi in ANY Mazda 3 or CX-30, stay with NA01 or EU01 in Germany's case.
I read the TXT file of the EU folder before of course and understood that the files use a different design. But it was not clear for me why there are two different versions and what are the hardware differences between the models. So thank you again for your explination. Sorry if my question was too annoying 😊

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
I have removed all the content in the 1.5 Folders for EU01 and 4A01 UNTIL Cars are released in those markets and if and when files are available...so there is not confusion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have removed all the content in the 1.5 Folders for EU01 and 4A01 UNTIL Cars are released in those markets and if and when files are available...so there is not confusion.
Thanks for everything do for the forums members ASH8. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2019
14 Posts
Thanks for sharing the updates, I really appreciate it. Without you my Mazda would be on a really old firmware and all updates worked like a charm. ☺

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Just in passing the larger file size MyMazda App (used in USA and Japan version 6.0.0, not same as smaller EU/UK one) is being rolled out in Europe/UK you should be able to get that from App stores now, and will roll down to Australia/Asia/NZ/Oceania in less than 6 months, you can find copy of the App but you cant register, only for NA, JP, EU/UK as it must be mobile phone number verified, apart from other things.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have it for around 1 month but since the car has no connected services the app is very poor... For example no option to start the car from the home screen
Yeah, currently only the MX-30 is supported for connected services in Europe.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mazda is one of the only automotive manufacturer not offering connected services here is Canada.... Not sure why!

321 - 340 of 375 Posts