2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

301 - 318 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally found a usb flash drive available to use... My car is 4A region. Tried both EU and NA firmwares, no dice. I even tried renaming the file to CMU_7000C0A-4A01_***.kwi to trick it and it won't be fooled either lol. I guess I'm stuck at 10015 for a while until next service.

On another note, I tried installing EU digital owner's manual and it's installed just fine.

Also, I played around with the Diagnostic Test menu and found out that the commander knob top surface is actually a touchpad, I wonder why Mazda didn't utilize that at all. Would be cool if we can draw letters to type just like in the newer BMW models.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Finally found a usb flash drive available to use... My car is 4A region. Tried both EU and NA firmwares, no dice. I even tried renaming the file to CMU_7000C0A-4A01_***.kwi to trick it and it won't be fooled either lol. I guess I'm stuck at 10015 for a while until next service.

On another note, I tried installing EU digital owner's manual and it's installed just fine.

Also, I played around with the Diagnostic Test menu and found out that the commander knob top surface is actually a touchpad, I wonder why Mazda didn't utilize that at all. Would be cool if we can draw letters to type just like in the newer BMW models.
Wait, touchpad? Can you share details?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wait, touchpad? Can you share details?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Someone else has made a video of this. Look at the screen it says "Touch" when the person touches the top surface of commander knob and "Release" when he does not.

Basically, the top surface of the commander knob is touch-sensitive, but I'm not sure if it also can read gestures.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Someone else has made a video of this. Look at the screen it says "Touch" when the person touches the top surface of commander knob and "Release" when he does not.

Basically, the top surface of the commander knob is touch-sensitive, but I'm not sure if it also can read gestures.
The Chinese market has hand writing input in there Mazda connect. China is the only country that has the writing input function in the same system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Chinese market has hand writing input in there Mazda connect. China is the only country that has the writing input function in the same system.
Oh, that’s really nice. Writing the strokes will be much more natural for Chinese characters. Too bad they don’t bring it over to other markets.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Oh, that’s really nice. Writing the strokes will be much more natural for Chinese characters. Too bad they don’t bring it over to other markets.
I was also hoping that they bring it to the other market. I use the Mazda Nav a lot (No cell signal area lol) and I wish I can just write it on the knob instead of rotating the knob and try to type the word. It take a lot of time lol 😂

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got excited to see new folders in the drive for the Mazda Connect firmware. I thought, newly released firmware, but it was just new folders for the upcoming Mazda CX5 and CX9. For people who have purchased a recent Mazda 3, what version number is being installed out of the factory? Mazda are a bit slow on updates for the newer version of Mazda Connect. AU have had none, apart from the updated EU version found on this forum. AU dealers are saying they have nothing new.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everybody

got Mazda 3 2019 from NA. current firmware 10015 NA
tried to update to any latest EU firmware but system cant find any EU firmware on flash drive but system successfully finds NA firmware

has anyone faced a similar problem? is there a successful solution?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello everybody

got Mazda 3 2019 from NA. current firmware 10015 NA
tried to update to any latest EU firmware but system cant find any EU firmware on flash drive but system successfully finds NA firmware

has anyone faced a similar problem? is there a successful solution?
You are only going to be able to use NA firmware.

·
Registered
59 Posts
why cant I upload EU firmware like on mazda connect previous generation? maybe I need to change "region" somewhere?
Because your car is a NA model, with the firmware locked to that region. You will be able to update with new NA firmware, but not for any other region. Is there a reason you want EU firmware?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because your car is a NA model, with the firmware locked to that region. You will be able to update with new NA firmware, but not for any other region. Is there a reason you want EU firmware?
Car now in EU. no need in satellite radio and other options for NA market. Need EU languages / EU radio
Is it possible to change region? When I owned BMW i3 from NA - one man changed region and all options for EU became available

·
Registered
1 Posts
hola, alguien sabe como usar lo que esta en la carpeta de HiDrive, Mazda Navi SD Card Content? o alguien sabe como crear la SD de los mapas, Gracias.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Car now in EU. no need in satellite radio and other options for NA market. Need EU languages / EU radio
Is it possible to change region? When I owned BMW i3 from NA - one man changed region and all options for EU became available
I guess your Mazda dealer would be able to change the region of your car in one of the control modules. I don't think that's a fixed value.

301 - 318 of 318 Posts