2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

261 - 280 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I'm in Australia, I read through this thread and just updated my Dec 2019 Mazda 3 Astina from EU01_10023 to EU01_10047. All seems good. Thanks to all!
Quick question, does updating the FW void warranty? has anyone had any grief from their dealer because the FW may be a version they didn't install?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all, I'm in Australia, I read through this thread and just updated my Dec 2019 Mazda 3 Astina from EU01_10023 to EU01_10047. All seems good. Thanks to all!
Quick question, does updating the FW void warranty? has anyone had any grief from their dealer because the FW may be a version they didn't install?
Thanks in advance
It's never been a problem for me, with this model and the previous one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
CONNECT II UPDATE FIRMWARE

NEXT Generation (2019~) Genuine Mazda CONNECT II Firmware is here and available in the usual Modfreakz Server..
HiDrive

The SINGLE File is ONLY for Mazda 3 (BP) and Mazda CX-30 (DM) also next Generation Models on-ward,
it is not a .up File but a .kwi File on your small/clean Fat 32 USB Flash Drive.
Can Not be used in The Original Mazda/MZD Connect 2014-20xx.

CMU_7000C0A-NA01_10018.kwi *
CMU_7000C0A-EU01_10012.kwi
CMU_7000C0A-4A01_10012.kwi

* NEW Update SEE CHANGELOG LINK BELOW.

The NA01 file is for North America ONLY and is < 856MB in size.
The EU01 file is for Europe ONLY and is < 706MB in size.
The 4A01 file is for ADR ONLY and is not available yet.
Takes about 10 minutes to run the install in your BP Mazda 3.

NOTE: Files Above are ONLY for all new Mazda 3 (BP) and CX-30 (DM).
If you have ANY other Skyactiv Model use this link if Wanting File Download or Help.

Northeast

OFFICIAL UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS IN SERVER.

If your MAZDA has a Higher Package Number right now (which means a later Firmware version) CAN NOT INSTALL ANY OLD or OUTDATED VERSIONS as You can't downgrade in error.

Do Not Combine TiCK all the information at once into one .zip File or as a ''Download All''. Double Click on Server FOLDER reveals the Contents.

Download the Main File (.kwi) and other information .pdf and .txt as ONE File at a time.

IF you do have as a .zip file must use a separate program (WinRAR, WinZip) to un-Zip or extract your download.
MUST Then CHECK .kwi File Integrity with checking it’s Checksum Value.
MUST ONLY be a .kwi File on your small FAT32 Flash Drive to update in car.

CHANGELOGS for Gen II MZD/Mazda CONNECT

CONNECT UPDATE FIRMWARE 7th Generation

Right now..
WE ALL rely on other Mazda Owners or Mazda Dealer worker friends to obtain + supply this Dealer only software, so wherever you are in the wide-world and You can get a Copy for your own Country on a flash drive, Please PM me or Modfreakz or others here who can upload from you and host in Server giving to other Premium Mazda Owners. >:)
Hi,
Is It possible to Instal new update firmeare EU01 on NA01 Version ? The pdf file write that it’s not possible install update from EU01 to 4A version.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi,
Is It possible to Instal new update firmeare EU01 on NA01 Version ? The pdf file write that it’s not possible install update from EU01 to 4A version.
Don't think so. There's a reason firmwares are region specific

Feel free to test it and let us know how it goes though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Hi,
I would not as NA North America has specific features and hardware that are NA only IN CAR.
4A (ADR) and EU use virtually identical firmware as they use DAB+ Digital Radio, North America does not they use Sat Digital. There is no installed DAB hardware in any made for NA car, and no Sat receiver in a made for 4A ADR or EU Car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
G'day everyone, late to the party but also discovered my new baby (2020 Maz3 G25) in Australia doesn't have the warning signs (vers 10024). Has anyone actually been able to get the 10047 done via a dealer/service?

I'm a little bit iffy about doing it myself, esp with the car only being a week old. But this speed camera warning thing is driving me nuts! Appreciate your help guys :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Correct. I was actually able to do the map update via the Mazda Update Toolbox. Have booked an appointment with the service center for the software update rather than risking it myself. Hopefully they have access to the latest.
Hey mate what ended up happening with the dealer? I'm in the same position you're in 2 months later haha

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m surprised a car a week old doesn’t have the latest software on it!

I have a 2019 running 10019 since I got it and had arguments with the dealer about the update. According to them it just doesn’t exist!

I feel you about being not quite sure, I still haven’t done mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m surprised a car a week old doesn’t have the latest software on it!

I have a 2019 running 10019 since I got it and had arguments with the dealer about the update. According to them it just doesn’t exist!

I feel you about being not quite sure, I still haven’t done mine.
Dealer also said he thought it should be on there but didn't seem to be aware that there was a newer version. I've read in some places that Mazda doesnt have this software in some countries because its illegal? But as far as I'm aware there are no such laws in Australia or NSW as other new vehicles have the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer also said he thought it should be on there but didn't seem to be aware that there was a newer version. I've read in some places that Mazda doesnt have this software in some countries because its illegal? But as far as I'm aware there are no such laws in Australia or NSW as other new vehicles have the same thing.
Not really sure about that personally and you have a newer version then mine so updates seen possible just really really slowly rolled out. I’ve had conflicting stories, one time they said if there is a know bug and fix they will do it but then when I point out a known bug and fix they said it can’t be done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I originally had 10019 installed when I purchased my 2019 3 Astina. About 1~2 months ago I installed the EU version 10047 without any issues whats so ever into my AU version Mazda 3. The original firmware was confirmed to be of EU version anyway. Others within this thread have also installed the EU version into their AU 3's. Software updates on the latest Mazda connect seem to be very slow compared to their last Mazda MZD connect systems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After updating firmware 10047 (not holding the steering wheel warning) has stopped working.
This is part of the i-ACTIVSENSE package.

Has anyone noticed this problem.

·
Registered
Skyactiv x
15 Posts
Is that warning on all trims? I have sky x gt plus but without safety and luxuary packet, just style/sound... Never seen that warning before and after update....

261 - 280 of 291 Posts