2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vandaag is mijn 2019 Mazda 3 van versie 10019 naar 10047 maar kan me ook vertellen wat de verbeteringen zijn in deze versie.
Sinds oktober 2019 geeft Mazda Toolbox aan dat er geen nieuwe kaartupdates,
iemand in staat is geweest om een nieuwere kaart update te downloaden.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pieter, this is an English forum, please adhere to the English language. The changelog for FW 10047 is posted before in this thread, see CONNECT UPDATE FIRMWARE 7th Generation .

I have updated my maps twice since I took delivery, My car had 2019Q2 upon delivery. I know of several people on a German CX30-forum who have not been able to download like you. So far the only advice is to update the Toolbox software. If I read more things which might help I will post it in this thread New EU Nav Maps available for BP/CX-30, version Q4 2019 , as this one is for firmware of Mazda Connect II, not for navigation maps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pieter, dit is een Engels forum, houd je aan de Engelse taal. De changelog voor FW 10047 is al eerder gepost in deze thread, zie CONNECT UPDATE FIRMWARE 7e generatie .

Ik heb mijn kaarten twee keer bijgewerkt sinds ik de levering heb aangenomen, mijn auto had 2019Q2 bij aflevering. Ik ken verschillende mensen op een Duitse CX30-forum die niet in staat zijn geweest om te downloaden zoals jij. Tot nu toe is het enige advies is om de Toolbox software te updaten. Als ik lees meer dingen die kunnen helpen zal ik post het in deze draad Nieuwe EU Nav Kaarten beschikbaar voor BP / CX-30, versie Q4 2019 , want deze is voor firmware van Mazda Connect II, niet voor navigatiekaarten.

Ronnie, bedankt voor je reactie. De tekst die ik postte was in het Engels, maar alle teksten die anderen posten worden automatisch vertaald in het Nederlands in dit forum, inclusief de jouwe. Deze tekst is nu ook Engels.

·
Registered
93 Posts
:unsure:I have no clue what is going on on this forum with this apparent automatic translation/ Ik heb geen idee hoe de blijkbaar automatische vertaling tot stand gekomen is op dit forum.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Vandaag is mijn 2019 Mazda 3 van versie 10019 naar 10047 maar kan me ook vertellen wat de verbeteringen zijn in deze versie.
Sinds oktober 2019 geeft Mazda Toolbox aan dat er geen nieuwe kaartupdates,
iemand in staat is geweest om een nieuwere kaart update te downloaden.
Software update and map update are 2 different things. If you want to update map software you have to use the mazda update tool on your pc or mac.

Link: Mazda

·
Registered
10 Posts
Software update and map update are 2 different things. If you want to update map software you have to use the mazda update tool on your pc or mac.

Link: Mazda
PC Windows 10.
Today there is even a new update June 2020, but Toolbox continues to indicate that my navigation map is up to date.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your help. Just one other question you might be able to help me with - do you have to disconnect the battery after you install the update ?
Were you able to install the EU update on your vehicle? Any issues in Australia?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Were you able to install the EU update on your vehicle? Any issues in Australia?
I cannot download this update yet and that is why I have contact with Mazda Europe and Mazda Nederland about this problem today. I have not received a message about this yet, but they are working on it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess SDABRAI is talking about the firmware 10047 EU and not the navigation map June 2020 EU with 2019Q4 data. It has been mentioned before that Australian BP has the same firmware version as EU. I guess ASH8 could know but he seems to be not active anymore :confused:. Hope he is OK! Paging @ASH8 ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've updated to 10047 EU version and two things I immediately noticed:
  • Speed limit signs on Carplay!
  • Switching sources is much, much, much quicker. Before when my phone took over I had to switch my source 10 times before i switched from Carplay back to USB1. Immediately after update its 5-6 "Source" button presses to get where I need. Nice!
Can't seem to find new warnings menu, did not find a single speeding camera yet to see the new warnings

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've updated to 10047 EU version and two things I immediately noticed:
  • Speed limit signs on Carplay!
  • Switching sources is much, much, much quicker. Before when my phone took over I had to switch my source 10 times before i switched from Carplay back to USB1. Immediately after update its 5-6 "Source" button presses to get where I need. Nice!
Can't seem to find new warnings menu, did not find a single speeding camera yet to see the new warnings
Cool, do you mean Speed limit sign still on during navigation via CarPlay?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Cool, do you mean Speed limit sign still on during navigation via CarPlay?
Yes, during navigation. This bug was driving me nuts, as i found it really useful - to an extend that sometimes i prefered mazda navigation just to see these...

i'm now eagerly waiting to see Google Maps navigation tips on the heads up display, or at least having a way to run both onboard navigation and google maps to see onboard tips and have google maps on my screen haha

One thing that I noticed yesterday is that they changed how the mute button works. Before it would move the volume to 0 on one press, and back to original on another.
Now it will show the "mute" and leave the bar grayed out - that way you actually see how high it was before its muted. Its not much, but this small change really pleases me as it simply looks better.

I also found that the UI is much more responsive - i think its the same thing like with the sources - they just fixed some performance issues I guess?

I have no idea if that is CMU related or the fact i switched back to 17" wheels, but i also feel like the car is more responsive now... need to drive more to give a final note on that

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess SDABRAI is talking about the firmware 10047 EU and not the navigation map June 2020 EU with 2019Q4 data. It has been mentioned before that Australian BP has the same firmware version as EU. I guess ASH8 could know but he seems to be not active anymore :confused:. Hope he is OK! Paging @ASH8 ...
Correct. I was actually able to do the map update via the Mazda Update Toolbox. Have booked an appointment with the service center for the software update rather than risking it myself. Hopefully they have access to the latest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just updated my Mazda 3 Australian model that was on EU 10019 firmware to EU 10047 firmware. No problems at all, all done within about 10 minutes or so. Just follow the instructions, very easy.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Ronnie, bedankt voor je reactie. De tekst die ik postte was in het Engels, maar alle teksten die anderen posten worden automatisch vertaald in het Nederlands in dit forum, inclusief de jouwe. Deze tekst is nu ook Engels.
PLEASE stop posting about Navigation Issues in this thread....this thread is about FIRMWARE for Connect II, FIRMWARE runs the Connect systems, and is meant to be done by Mazda Dealer....ONLY...but those capable can easily do it, see my signature for link.

NAVIGATION is ONLY updated via Removing SD Card and putting in your PC and in with MAZDA TOOLBOX app running for Connect II.

For those with a 2020 Mazda 3 or 2020,2021 CX-30 Mazda Telematics is now being rolled out which does most of the updates....
And no there are no retrofit kits for 2019 Mazda 3 as you need to install a Modem and wiring, pull the dash apart and I dont even know if Mazda will ever make any kit available.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Correct. I was actually able to do the map update via the Mazda Update Toolbox. Have booked an appointment with the service center for the software update rather than risking it myself. Hopefully they have access to the latest.
Here is the correct link for MAZDA Connect II Toolbox App
MAKE SURE YOU SELECT CORRECT ''REGION'' AND 'LANGUAGE' FROM THE DROP DOWN AT THE TOP Right BLACK RIBBON BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD TOOLBOX FILE APP.
Sorry I have no Idea if this Toolbox has been fixed it is still version 5.0.0.0
MAZDA CONNECT II Toolbox

221 - 240 of 263 Posts