2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the Australian Vehicles have the ECU Firmware for Europe installed .
My vehicle is showing ECU Software No 700C0A-EU01_1019.
Is it save to install 10047 (EU version) in an Australian Vehicle .
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, the Australian market shares the EU spec. (which is proven by yourself, stating that you have the EU firmware). It would then be safe to install the EU 10047 update.

Rgds,

RS
Thanks for your help. Just one other question you might be able to help me with - do you have to disconnect the battery after you install the update ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the files and the guide! I just got a US 2020 Mazda3 Sedan that had 10042 installed. The dealer said their service department didn't have any update. Just updated easily to 11002 following the instructions. Not sure it fixed anything visible, but hopefully it was worth it for some reason.

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2019 Hatch 1.5 AT
30 Posts
Thanks for the files and the guide! I just got a US 2020 Mazda3 Sedan that had 10042 installed. The dealer said their service department didn't have any update. Just updated easily to 11002 following the instructions. Not sure it fixed anything visible, but hopefully it was worth it for some reason.
What kind changes do you received?

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Select AWD
5 Posts
Successfully updated to 11002 in attempt to activate Mazda Connect and get remote start/key functionality from my iphone. Reddit users are reporting it simply just shows up for them, any suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Successfully updated to 11002 in attempt to activate Mazda Connect and get remote start/key functionality from my iphone. Reddit users are reporting it simply just shows up for them, any suggestions?
Wait, what. You can remote start with an iPhone now? What about Android? Do you have a link to the reddit thread?

Edit: wow, went into my mazda app on Android and it asked me if I want to activate it so I did and I have remote start now.

Very cool. I didn't get the code in the garage but the car started so I'm not really sure what the communication method with the car is.

Still would like the reddit thread. Haven't found that yet

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Select AWD
5 Posts
Wait, what. You can remote start with an iPhone now? What about Android? Do you have a link to the reddit thread?

Edit: wow, went into my mazda app on Android and it asked me if I want to activate it so I did and I have remote start now.

Very cool. I didn't get the code in the garage but the car started so I'm not really sure what the communication method with the car is.

Still would like the reddit thread. Haven't found that yet
https://www.reddit.com/r/mazda3/comments/gl442m
There's the thread. Do you have a 2019/2020? Trim? When you set it up was the car on/off/ACC?

Thanks in advance, this is so frustrating lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I updated to 11002 some time ago. I have previously used the MyMazda app for android from the Google Play store and have already entered my car's information into it. Previously it would just let me know of any current recalls and things like that. Upon opening the MyMazda app today there is a small button that says "Enroll". Press that and there are some agreements to read. Then it tells you to go to your car and "turn ignition on" and hit next. I took this to mean start the car. I started the car, hit next, the following screen says to input a code into the app that will appear on the radio screen. A few moments later a code appeared on the radio screen and I entered it. Done.

I have a US model 2020 Mazda 3 Preferred trim with AWD.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Select AWD
5 Posts
I updated to 11002 some time ago. I have previously used the MyMazda app for android from the Google Play store and have already entered my car's information into it. Previously it would just let me know of any current recalls and things like that. Upon opening the MyMazda app today there is a small button that says "Enroll". Press that and there are some agreements to read. Then it tells you to go to your car and "turn ignition on" and hit next. I took this to mean start the car. I started the car, hit next, the following screen says to input a code into the app that will appear on the radio screen. A few moments later a code appeared on the radio screen and I entered it. Done.

After searching through the app for a while I was unable to find any 'enroll' button. Tried reinstalling to see if that would help, but still nothing. My only assumption is that it's unavailable for 2019 models/select trims but that wouldn't make sense as all hardware/software is installed :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts

Yes, that's exactly how it worked for me. I have a 2020 Mazda 3 Preferred with FWD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After searching through the app for a while I was unable to find any 'enroll' button. Tried reinstalling to see if that would help, but still nothing. My only assumption is that it's unavailable for 2019 models/select trims but that wouldn't make sense as all hardware/software is installed :confused:
They may be rolling it out to 2020 year models first?

·
Registered
182 Posts
They're rolling the feature out to the 2020's first. Also your car needs to be equipped with telematics

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Select AWD
5 Posts
They're rolling the feature out to the 2020's first. Also your car needs to be equipped with telematics
Figured, diagnostics menu says telematics are equipped, fortunately. I think the limitation is on the applications end, not the cars; referring to the apps update log where it says available only for 2020 CX-30 owners (even tho 2020 m3 owners say it works???).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Figured, diagnostics menu says telematics are equipped, fortunately. I think the limitation is on the applications end, not the cars; referring to the apps update log where it says available only for 2020 CX-30 owners (even tho 2020 m3 owners say it works???).
I queried Mazda and got this response.

"Thank you for contacting Mazda's Customer Experience Center.

I see your email received on Sunday 05/17 and wanted to confirm (in case you hadn't already seen the update via MyMazda) that the Mazda Connected Services should now be available for the 2019 Mazda3s.

Please let me know if you do not see this update or if you have any questions with registering your Mazda3."

However, I still don't have the option yet. Updated to 11002 to see if that made any difference.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I queried Mazda and got this response.

"Thank you for contacting Mazda's Customer Experience Center.

I see your email received on Sunday 05/17 and wanted to confirm (in case you hadn't already seen the update via MyMazda) that the Mazda Connected Services should now be available for the 2019 Mazda3s.

Please let me know if you do not see this update or if you have any questions with registering your Mazda3."

However, I still don't have the option yet. Updated to 11002 to see if that made any difference.
The U.S.-market 2019 Mazda3 does not have Mazda Connected Services at this time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The U.S.-market 2019 Mazda3 does not have Mazda Connected Services at this time.
I got this update from Mazda. The 2019 cars will get Mazda Connected Services, but just not yet.

I would like to apologize for the misinformation: as of this past Monday, only the 2020 Mazda3 has been updated. We are still currently waiting for updates on the 2019 Mazda3, but the quickest way to find out when Mazda Connected Services is available for your vehicle is to log into your MyMazda app; once you see an "ENROLL" button available under your 2019 Mazda3, you can get into your car and start the enrollment process.

Again, my apologies for providing this update incorrectly. We anticipate making this available for you soon and will also notify you when this occurs.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Premium Machine Gray Metallic
37 Posts
Got the new firmware installed and updated. For some reason plugging the thumb drive in the USB port inside the armrest compartment didn't work . I had to use the one below the AC controls. Can't tell what updated, I don't use the nav card. Just getting ready for the remote start which will hopefully come out soon for the 2019

201 - 220 of 263 Posts