2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mazda 3 S GT 2015 w/ Technology Package North America (Made in Japan).

My infotainment is on version 55.00.750 I want to upgrade it to the latest. I want Android auto/car play.
I read the sticky posts and watched some YouTube videos on how to do it but the more I get into this more confusing it gets on what exactly I should be doing. It appears that there is also a hardware upgrade available.

I will be doing this myself. I am aware of the risks and am pretty competent to not mess it up.

My concerns.
1. Should I be upgrading the hardware? What features will I be getting? Will I get WiFi? Fast charging?
2. I want the most stable version of the AIO to go along with my OEM upgrades.
3. It is confusing as to which posts I should be reading considering many were written years ago.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I try my best to answer your questions:
1. With upgrading the FW latest .352 NA and installing the new hardware, you will get Mazdas official AA/CP. As far as I know, it does not support WiFi and no Fast Charge, like you might know it from the wall plugs, but the new USB hub has more charging power (up to 2,1A) than the old USB hub (500 mA = 0,5A).
2. Most stable is the official one - from my point of view. So you do not have to do anything more, if you install .352 NA and the new hardware (new usb hub + 2 cables).
3. No question, no answer.

Hints:
  • As your FW is 55.00.750 you can directly update to FW 70.00.352 NA (inofficial link to FW)
  • Stick to the latest firmware update procedure PDF (included in the link above), read it before you start.
  • All on your own risk
  • More info/videos/trim removal PDFs can be found here
Good luck and let us know how it went.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Mazda 3 S GT 2015 w/ Technology Package North America (Made in Japan).

My infotainment is on version 55.00.750 I want to upgrade it to the latest. I want Android auto/car play.
I read the sticky posts and watched some YouTube videos on how to do it but the more I get into this more confusing it gets on what exactly I should be doing. It appears that there is also a hardware upgrade available.

I will be doing this myself. I am aware of the risks and am pretty competent to not mess it up.

My concerns.
1. Should I be upgrading the hardware? What features will I be getting? Will I get WiFi? Fast charging?
2. I want the most stable version of the AIO to go along with my OEM upgrades.
3. It is confusing as to which posts I should be reading considering many were written years ago.
1. Let's break this down into your two options:

OPTION A - The Official Mazda Android Auto/Car Play
  • You either pay to upgrade the firmware to v70+ or upgrade it yourself for free.
  • You pay for the genuine mazda USB hub and USB cables (here's an site which may have the parts: Mazda Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Retrofit Kit )
  • Voila. You have AA/CP but as far as i know, android/auto over wifi doesn't work
  • Other AIO tweaks become much more complicated to implement
OPTION B - The unofficial Android Auto
  • You stay at v55 or upgrade to v59.00.441A (i'm currently at v59.00.441A)
  • You then download the AIO tweaks at mazdatweaks.com and follow the instructions
  • You then download the latest AA (v1.14) for AIO
  • Voila. You have Android Auto only (no Car Play)
  • can use wifi or USB, but is a bit janky - doesn't always work
I don't know about fast charging. Right now I'm trying to get Android Auto to work for myself.

2. I think AIO is v.2.8.6 is the most stable of the AIO versions. But each firmware upgrade i assume would fix some stability issues.

3. I agree it's a bit confusing and it took me a lot of reading to get up to speed to where I'm at. But I'm really grateful for all the work that's been done so far. Hope that this and Tristan-cx5's post helps you out. As with what he says, this is all at your own risk as I am not a mechanic or electronics expert.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you @Tristan-cx5 and @son_ant for the detailed information.

I have a couple of questions though can I upgrade to v70+ without upgrading the hardware? I don't have the time yet to upgrade the hardware especially if all it does is give me 2A USB. I will consider that later.

It seems like AIO supports v70+ I am more confused as ever. I am thinking to upgrade to 59.00.441A first seems like a logical choice. Unable to find that version to download yet.

I will post updates as I go through this.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Before installing the new hardware you have to install FW 70.

If you install the new hardware at FW 70, you also automatically get official AA.

Yes, you can update to FW 70 without the new hardware.

Find FW 59.00.441 NA here in this folder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I wish I had waited for your reply. I didn't know where to find the outdated firmware maybe I would have gone for the v59.00.441A. I did upgrade to the latest 70.00.352B.

First I had to update to the 70.00.100A then to the 70.00.352B.

I will buy the hardware and update it to the official Android Auto/Carplay. I am hoping there will be wireless android auto I don't like wires.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
AIO AA supports wireless & cable. But wireless is not as stable, as the cable connection. And AIO AA does not work properly at FW 70 - use it up to FW 59.00.545 only.

·
Registered
19 Posts
AIO AA supports wireless & cable. But wireless is not as stable, as the cable connection. And AIO AA does not work properly at FW 70 - use it up to FW 59.00.545 only.
Thanks for the info! I didn't know wireless was a thing. I'll have to check that out. I had to undo all of my AIO stuff a while back and I never re-did it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you. I wish I had waited for your reply. I didn't know where to find the outdated firmware maybe I would have gone for the v59.00.441A. I did upgrade to the latest 70.00.352B.

First I had to update to the 70.00.100A then to the 70.00.352B.

I will buy the hardware and update it to the official Android Auto/Carplay. I am hoping there will be wireless android auto I don't like wires.
Where did you find the updates at for down load? I am at 70.00.100 NA N Thanks Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't come around to changing the hardware. But I did upgrade the firmware to the latest. Everything was working. But now the fuel efficiency monitor doesn't work. If I press on it in the applications menu nothing happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts