2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post in this site, and I am now pretty confused about switching my car for a speed 3. The thing is, I now own a 2015 i Touring manual hatch, and I just put 5.5k onto the odo, and I also got some mods like cs shortthrough plate, heavy shiftknob, cs shifter bushings and oem aluminum pebals, which are almost 1000$ cost. and then I just found a used 2010 speed3 has 66k on odo and at great condition for 13900. I want some advises about this switch, should I trade my car for this one? thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!:bored 1::bored 1:

·
Registered
290 Posts
The way I see it...

You have a brand new car with factory warranty
Any worries of things breaking or wearing out are non existant
you've already started customizing it and making it your own
You can keep the car looking brand new by handwashing it throughout its life
Tires/wheels/brake pads and rotors/wipers/coolant/battery/all bulbs on the car/spark plugs/serpentine belt (all regular maintenance stuff) is basically brand new
You'll know exactly how your own car is treated and follow its maintenance (if you are a good owner)

VS.

A 6 yr old car that you have no idea how it's been treated throughout its life
You don't know if the maintenance was followed at the recommended intervals
there may be issues that aren't visible/noticeable on the surface
and at that age/mileage its going to come to the point where parts may break/fail soon
No factory warranty to back that up either
Tires/wheels/brake pads and rotors/wipers/coolant/battery/headlights, bulbs/spark plugs/serpentine belt, etc. probably won't be new and may need replacing which can cost a lot of $$
That's not even including non regular maintenance things like the fuel pump, starter, trans fluid, brake fluid, wheel bearings, shocks... etc

Just Saying

Reactions: elithz

·
Registered
367 Posts
That`s a tough call, but it being a 2010 sways things against it. I really, REALLY wanted a `13 speed3 when I picked up the 2016 I have now. I just happened to have the means to buy it outright, and the idea of having a brand new car with full warranty was sweet enough to influence me to buy the new one. Every now and again I regret it, not in that I don`t like my 3rd gen, but in the fact that it`s not what I really wanted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually the car i own now was also an used one...when i bought it it already got 3k miles and the dealer said that they were using it as their business transportation...but it did look new...and with mazda certified. i do considered a lot what u said "new for old" but just cant get out of those performance!!!!! this is driving me crazy now!!!!!! i just started looking those kind of videos about the speed 3...i'm scared and afraid i may make a biiiiig mistake.... but thank you for replying and opinions!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The way I see it...

You have a brand new car with factory warranty
Any worries of things breaking or wearing out are non existant
you've already started customizing it and making it your own
You can keep the car looking brand new by handwashing it throughout its life
Tires/wheels/brake pads and rotors/wipers/coolant/battery/all bulbs on the car/spark plugs/serpentine belt (all regular maintenance stuff) is basically brand new
You'll know exactly how your own car is treated and follow its maintenance (if you are a good owner)

VS.

A 6 yr old car that you have no idea how it's been treated throughout its life
You don't know if the maintenance was followed at the recommended intervals
there may be issues that aren't visible/noticeable on the surface
and at that age/mileage its going to come to the point where parts may break/fail soon
No factory warranty to back that up either
Tires/wheels/brake pads and rotors/wipers/coolant/battery/headlights, bulbs/spark plugs/serpentine belt, etc. probably won't be new and may need replacing which can cost a lot of $$
That's not even including non regular maintenance things like the fuel pump, starter, trans fluid, brake fluid, wheel bearings, shocks... etc

Just Saying
actually the car i own now was also an used one...when i bought it it already got 3k miles and the dealer said that they were using it as their business transportation...but it did look new...and with mazda certified. i do considered a lot what u said "new for old" but just cant get out of those performance!!!!! this is driving me crazy now!!!!!! i just started looking those kind of videos about the speed 3...i'm scared and afraid i may make a biiiiig mistake.... but thank you for replying and opinions!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That`s a tough call, but it being a 2010 sways things against it. I really, REALLY wanted a `13 speed3 when I picked up the 2016 I have now. I just happened to have the means to buy it outright, and the idea of having a brand new car with full warranty was sweet enough to influence me to buy the new one. Every now and again I regret it, not in that I don`t like my 3rd gen, but in the fact that it`s not what I really wanted.
yeah i understand cause i drove a 04 mustang gt with 101k before and i really enjoyed the pull feeling it gave me...though i sold it for several annoying "small problems" and got my 3. but i just soooooo miss that feeling! and i really like mazda the brand itself!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
You can run into a bunch o problems with a speed if it was not maintained right. I owned a 2008 mazdaspeed 3 for 5 years. It had problems out the door. I got it with 29k miles. A bunch got fixed under warranty and the rest myself. Learned a bunch and had her running pretty solid before trade. The front strut was blown, windshield cracked, and front dash was cracked when I traded. The dash was the last straw. There was a TSB for the front dash cracking in some years. But mine cracked after warranty. I thought it was a scratch from the a holes replacing my inspect sticker in VA. Great car but was high maintenance.

So I traded for a 2014 mazda 3 s-gt auto instead of spend the cash on repairs. I do love me new 3 but miss my turbo and 6 speed.

I would stick with what you got and pray to the mazda gods for a new speed hehe. Pay that down a bit and then look down the road in a couple years.

Think I will trade for used wrx in a year or so. Will get the itch for a turbo and manual again. Auto is just to relaxed....breaks are nice sometimes tho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts