2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water builds up in the spare wheel well of the trunk to the point where in wintertime, I cannot remove the spare wheel from the trunk because it's frozen in a 10 lb. block of ice. Has anybody seen this? The water is not leaking in. It is super clean and pure. It is obviously condensation. I'm looking for a fix.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
hatch or sedan would help us a lot. check the seal around the hatch or trunk for missing plastic hold downs, tears or breaks, if none are found, and you have a sunroof, check to be sure there is no clog in the drain tubes as this can cause leaks in odd places as well. otherwise if it is a sedan there are little vents built onto the body in the rear (behind the plastic bumper, not visible without the bumper off) every sedan from every car company has them to vent the trunk, its common for those to get stuck or clogged and cause leaks like that.

my old mazda protégé 5 hatch had a similar issue and the sunroof drains had clogged and where causing it to leak out into the hatch from under the roof. a slow steady stream of warm water in the channels around the sunroof while its open will help clear clogs so does easily inserting a pipe cleaner into the tubes (be careful as if a tube falls off you lose that drain and it can cause more leaks) the hatch I know drains to the front fender wells and back out near the rear bumper but the tubes run between the rmetal roof and headliner backing to the rear of the car

1 - 2 of 2 Posts