2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Seems more like its got a wider stance at the wheels rather than sucked in side panels. Though if the interior is to be considered, seems like the Tesla 3 and Mazda 3 are going the same route, looking like just one continuous bezel and the wide swept glass roof over each occupant, which I personally dig.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The panel contours were exaggerated by lighting, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
In my opinion, the "Kai" design is more of an evolutionary step rather than a revolutionary one from the outgoing "Kodo" design.

From Motor Trend:

"The Kai Concept rides on the latest iteration of Mazda’s Skyactiv platform and measures 174 inches long, 73 inches wide, 54.1 inches tall, and has a 108.3-inch wheelbase. This makes it 1.6 inches shorter, 2.7 inches wider, and 3.2 inches lower than the current-generation Mazda3, with a wheelbase 2 inches longer"

http://www.motortrend.com/news/mazda-kai-concept-previews-next-generation-mazda3-in-tokyo/

I'm I excited? Yes
Do I think it looks amazing? Hell Yes!!!
When I saw the pics, did my heart felt with joy? Yes! Since I love Mazda and many of us love the brand!

Completely stunning! Mazda is doing things so well in regards to the designing of their cars, their future line-up will definitely be a stunning one! Have you seen the Mazda Vision Coupe? (Most probably the new design for the Mazda 6), Spectacular!

My only critic right now would be the rear part of the vehicle as it looks quite small, but we'll have to wait and see how much of this concept design will actually be transferred when the actual production of the 4th Gen 3 begins! :) (No Brembo brakes for sure lol)

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
Wow... It looks amazing.

They have that car sitting low on Yokohamas... I know they photoshopped the drop in their pics of the Axela model to make it look better.

I just hope the final product looks at least half as good as that.
CK

·
Too Many Projects!
368 Posts
Eh. I'll play the devil's advocate and say I'm not too impressed with it. But I am also in utter love with my Gen 3 so take what I say with a grain of salt.

The only way I'd consider a trade-in from my Gen 3 is if Mazda finally decides to bring back MazdaSpeed, but with the way they're going with SkyActiv-X, I doubt that'll happen anytime in the future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts