2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Hatchback MT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some obervations: At a Discount Tire I asked the salesman to pull a Continental Extreme Contact DWS06+ and a Yokohama YK740 GTX in 215/50R17 to compare side by side. Sidewalls are about the same stiffness and it seems adequately rigid for my tastes (I prefer steering response to be relatively quick and stable). The center stiffness (pushing down on the center of the tread) is different, with the YK740 having some give, but IDK what this means in terms of steering response vs. bump absorption. There is visibly much deeper tread on the YK740, spec'd at 12/32 vs only 10/32 on the DWS06+. Still deciding...

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know it’s not what you’re looking at but I m running Michelin pilot sport 4 all season tires and I really like them, although I didn’t get them for long tread wear or winter traction (I am located in the south) but they are much better than what was on the car when we bought it (it’s awd turbo so it has the snow(?) tires). They work well for wet traction for us too, I have pushed the car with reasonably positive results.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,627 Posts
Conti EC DWS06 or Michelin PS4. Both are excellent.. Contis are a little quieter and Michelin are a little grippier and offer a little smoother ride over bumps.. that's just an opinion though.
CK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts