2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain 'coming home lights' and how to activate/use?

Many thanks,

Xippy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Coming home lights keep the headlights on for a set period of time (you choose) when you turn off/lock your car so you can see where you're going. Not sure about other markets, but I leave my lights on 'auto' and configure the settings using the touchscreen.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Coming home lights keep the headlights on for a set period of time (you choose) when you turn off/lock your car so you can see where you're going. Not sure about other markets, but I leave my lights on 'auto' and configure the settings using the touchscreen.
That's actually a different setting.

Chutoyy has described the programmable "auto-off" lighting feature, where if your lights are on when you turn the car off they will remain on for the set period of time.

"Coming Home" lighting is manually triggered via the high beam control before you get out of the car. Park the car, turn it off, and even if the lights have gone off flick the stalk for the high beams and the headlights will turn back on for the set period of time.

They are 2 different settings and can have 2 different periods of time set to them: for example 30 seconds for auto-off and 90 seconds for coming home.

Both can be adjusted through the infotainment. It's all explained in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
80 Posts
it means that we have to leave "power on" the lights everytime?

I like "auto" function, sadly doesn't work with home/leave lights.

·
Registered
120 Posts
it means that we have to leave "power on" the lights everytime?

I like "auto" function, sadly doesn't work with home/leave lights.
For many 2016 model year vehicles (such as when that video was created), that was the case. I would check your Owner's Manual to make sure how it is for your vehicle. On my current 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, the Coming Home Light feature works with the light switch in the AUTO position. ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
For many 2016 model year vehicles (such as when that video was created), that was the case. I would check your Owner's Manual to make sure how it is for your vehicle. On my current 2018 Mazda6 Grand Touring, the Coming Home Light feature works with the light switch in the AUTO position. ?
thanks for the note, I tried yesterday in a cx-3 2017 :frown2: doesn't work in auto

can we change this programing the BCM?

·
Registered
570 Posts
thanks for the note, I tried yesterday in a cx-3 2017 :frown2: doesn't work in auto

can we change this programing the BCM?
Well explained in the manual...setting is done in the infotainment screen. It works in all settings on turn signal lever. "Auto" setting on turn signal handle is only for when the exterior lights will come on based on lighting conditions while the car is in gear.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well explained in the manual...setting is done in the infotainment screen. It works in all settings on turn signal lever. "Auto" setting on turn signal handle is only for when the exterior lights will come on based on lighting conditions while the car is in gear.
thanks, I will try this tonight.

·
Registered
570 Posts
thanks, I will try this tonight.
And while you're at it...make sure to check out the "auto" function in the infotainment screen as well. It's one of my favorite functions as I leave it on "Auto" all the time and generally never touch it. You can adjust when your exterior lights will come on automatically based on exterior lighting conditions. There are 5 or so different sensitivity settings...I have my lights coming on when on with lower than normal lighting conditions just to be safe. The only time I ever touch it is if I'm parked somewhere, waiting for someone with the ignition on and I don't want all the lights on. I just have to remember to turn it back on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
And while you're at it...make sure to check out the "auto" function in the infotainment screen as well. It's one of my favorite functions as I leave it on "Auto" all the time and generally never touch it. You can adjust when your exterior lights will come on automatically based on exterior lighting conditions. There are 5 or so different sensitivity settings...I have my lights coming on when on with lower than normal lighting conditions just to be safe. The only time I ever touch it is if I'm parked somewhere, waiting for someone with the ignition on and I don't want all the lights on. I just have to remember to turn it back on.
Not working as expected

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 3 iGT
14 Posts
This is great! One of the features I miss on my old car is unlocking when approaching at night and the lights come on. I know it's kind of lame but I like seeing the car all lit up before I get in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yes, that's very nice and help at night to understand which from all mazda's in the parking is yours when you open .
but i realy want to know how can i work it in 2014 mazda , i understand that in 2015 i can work it by the infotainment menu but it 2014 there is nothing at the menu and there is a module that i need to install to work it out .

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you have and OBD cable and ForScan, here is how to enable it :
It's in Spanish, but it's pretty clear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts