2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

In Canada, it gets cold. Real cold. It was -20 to -30 degrees C the last couple of weeks, and similar to the heat cycling of a windshield, the heat cycling of the LCD screen may have cracked it. There isn't any scratching on the outer surface. At first I thought frost had formed on the inside, but that spot seems have gotten larger and larger and doesn't go away after the car has warmed up. I'm taking it in as warranty work.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Bummer, glad that it doesn't get that cold here and I park in a garage at home and work. How cold did it get?

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer, glad that it doesn't get that cold here and I park in a garage at home and work. How cold did it get?
It was -30C, or -22F for you Yanks!

holly molly.... where are you in Canada, I am in quebec for sure mid-january I will have -20...
I live in northen Alberta. In Jan it'll be closer to -45C here, or -47F :death:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Serious. Lots of bad reviews from people on it so far.
I think it's just a case of a few users with some rare issues related to specific firmware/media combinations that like to post apocalyptic rants. Internet message boards tend to exaggerate any issues because people who do have them tend to dominate any discussion. The system in general is very nice, has great features, and is fairly responsive and intuitive. We've been very happy with ours, especially compared to what we've seen from Ford/BMW on their recent cars. The system on our cars is much, much better than what Mazda used to offer in the Mazda3 and currently has in the Mazda6/CX5.

The only issues I have with it are lack of video playback and no address entry via keyboard when driving.

I do also like Cadillac's CUE system based on design/features, but it's slow and I hate capacitive buttons.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts