2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to keep my car idling and locked at the same time? I would like to turn on the car and run the heater without the doors being unlocked. 2015 Mazda3

-Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,473 Posts
Do a google search and you will find several listings for remote starter kits for your model car.

They aren't that cheap though and unless you live in an area where it snows frequently or gets below freezing regularly, it's really not worth the cost in my opinion. I just wait for the RPMs to drop to normal after starting my car and for the infotainment to load, which takes 30 seconds, give or take. Even on the coldest days in LA.
CK

Amazon Listing
Mazda OEM Remote Engine Starter

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
You live in southern CA. Most of us would love to have your winter coldest mornings where we live. Now if you lived in Maine, Minnesota, British Columbia or equivalent, might be worth one of those heater kits.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I'm pretty spoiled with the weather in SoCal, but I still find it dangerous to start driving with fogged windows. That is the main reason behind my post. It takes about 5 minutes of driving before I have complete clarity.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts