2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m really stuck between getting coilovers or springs since I’m from Australia we have to import most of the stuff but there are a few coilovers at stores. My issue is I want to keep a soft and comfortable ride but I do want to drop my car and also be able to adjust it whenever I need. There’s two coilovers that I can get pedders extreme or teins both fitted and aligned for $2000. Even with the damper I don’t know how close to soft it will be. As a daily driver should I just get lowering springs which are a lot cheaper or just get coilovers and hope for the best with the stiffness.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
988 Posts
My personal recommendation is to go for the lowering springs and upgrade the dampers on the way.

IMHO Coilovers are too much for what the Mazda 3 can do, are you going to a race track regularly that you need stiffness and adjustability?

If you read others threads in this sub-forum, most members have experienced and claimed that with Coilovers their ride felt stiff and too harsh for daily driving, therefore you might regret this option. I also had the option to buy K-Sport Coilovers but at the end of the day I wanted great driving comfort not only performance

Eibach's or any lowering springs will give you that "low" look that you are looking for, while the FSD's will improve your ride experience on spirited driving or when cruising around town and are excellent in bad road surfaces (You won't even notice that your car is lowered). Also going this road might be cheaper than paying 2000$ for Coilovers (not sure if AUD or USD).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I literally just wanted to get wider dished rims. I was told I’ll need to get coilovers by the shop that can source me the ssr or Work rims I want. The only ones I can get are teins or pedders. I’ve done so much reasearch but there’s no straight forward answer just bouncing around the bush with the yeahhh or nahhs. I want the comfort of stock suspension but I want to be able to adjust the ride height incase I want to go higher or lower.

If I get lowering springs I’ll have to keep paying to go higher or lower is that correct? And I’ll also need to get new shocks as stock won’t be great on them..

Btw pricing is aud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts