2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking to go to coilovers this year ...I would love feedback on the ones below.

1. ISC N1 Street or Race valving
2. Track One (Is Track One As far as i can see these made by K Tune & K2 coilovers )
3. XYZ Racing (Taiwan designed and made from street to all types of racing )
4. Silvers Neosilver (taiwan )
4. Goodspeed MonoMaxx (these are taiwan made others are china made)

I would love the KSport Kontrol 2 way but they are just a bit to much $$

Thanks !!

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
Godspeed is a reseller.
Most of the coilovers from China/Taiwan are produced by Bor Chuann Enterprises. Los of vendors, including Corksport, have them made on the BC shock bodies to their own specs.
Stay away from shocks that have adjustable length tubes. Get suspension parts that are made for your car, not generic parts that can fit lots of different cars.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks !!
I leaning towards the Track One ( supplier here in Toronto) confirmed the made by/for K-tuned in Taiwan. Look like the best bang for that price range.
Maybe go for the Track One for now and then source a used set of KW V3 and have them rebuilt... Just a thought

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was thinking to go to coilovers this year ...I would love feedback on the ones below.

1. ISC N1 Street or Race valving
2. Track One (Is Track One As far as i can see these made by K Tune & K2 coilovers )
3. XYZ Racing (Taiwan designed and made from street to all types of racing )
4. Silvers Neosilver (taiwan ) Going to Pass on these. From what i can read on their product other coilovers available at less cost.
5. Goodspeed MonoMaxx (these are taiwan made others are china made) . Hard Pass ,,,,just not sure about these not enough reviews out there.

I would love the KSport Kontrol 2 way but they are just a bit to much $$

Thanks !!
add this one to the list :
5. WAT Suspensions. Classic type Coilover 57mm large tube design all aluminum Coilover Kit, Adjustable Damping Shocks, Coil Over Shocks - WAT
6. Fortune Auto ... They dont list a coilover for the 3's ...They do have for the ford focus st and some other manufacturers list focus st fitting mazda 3
I will have to ask Fortune.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fortune Auto will start making coilovers for all mazda 3 in a couple months.

What i like about these is that they are USa made and rebuildable
But they can be rebuilt to 2way & 3 way from their base 500 series.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since Posting this a few weeks ago and alot reading specs and reviews my list has changed.
I am not considering these: ( mid priced 1200USD- 1500USD)
1. Fortune Auto series 500 ... these can be rebuilt to 2 or 3 way
2. CEIKA type 1M customization, valve rate/ spring rates and rebuild able.
3. NEO Motorsport TYPE AA rebuild able. also 1 kg lighter per wheel

for 2way coilovers: (around $2000 USD)
1. D2 GT Series
2. BC Racing ER
3. SF Racing

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
There are also the Tein Street Advance Z and Flex Z.

CK

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are also the Tein Street Advance Z and Flex Z.

CK
Hey Thanks CK!
Street advance and Basis Z are both made in China.
No Tein Z for 2012

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With coilovers, the plan is to replace vehicle's entire shock/strut and spring combination with a coilover. There a few exceptions though ( certain cars require springs so only the shock are upgraded) If you are not tracking the car the current set up oem springs or lowered springs with a better strut (like koni) works great. (thats my current set up)

·
Registered
447 Posts
With coilovers, the plan is to replace vehicle's entire shock/strut and spring combination with a coilover. There a few exceptions though ( certain cars require springs so only the shock are upgraded) If you are not tracking the car the current set up oem springs or lowered springs with a better strut (like koni) works great. (thats my current set up)
Your post makes no sense. The 3rd Gen 3 has no struts in the back, how can you mount coilovers where there is no mount for them?

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
Your post makes no sense. The 3rd Gen 3 has no struts in the back, how can you mount coilovers where there is no mount for them?
Real coil overs have a shock tube with the spring wrapped around it and an adjustable perch to set ride height, both front and rear

Some conversion kits do this... some don't for the Mazda 3...Not sure how well it works with theses cars as the shocks are already pretty close to the tires..there isn't a lot of room in there for springs.
When you look at what Corksport offers as coil overs, they most certainly aren't....adjustable, yes, coil overs, not hardly. Lots of the other cheepeies like Riceland, BC and Tein are the same, not coilovers at all. Not really worth the effort.....

Some, like the D2s and K Sports have rear shocks with spring perches mounted on them.

Not sure what the benefit is, other than if you want to be continually tinkering with your ride height.
Get a decent set of springs and dampers, it'll be cheaper and probably better than most of the China made junk suspension lowering kits out there....

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
No kidding, i know how they work, im trying to get him to realize you cant have them on all 4 corners.
Why not? Have you actually looked at whats out there?
Coil over kits for the rear are available. I posted a link above, did you even look?
Here is a picture in case you ignored the link
These are for a 2012 Mazda 3, which is what he has....there are springs on every damper.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts