2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Recently bought a M3 GT 2017 and need to pass vehicle inspection. It is mandatory here to front fog light to illuminate on the dash. So... I found this article Fog light dash indicator
Whats said.. that this light is disabled from the factory, but the fog lights work. So I did some research and testing.

Connected to Forscan, checked AS Built code for IC.

According to my 720-01-01 i have US Region. But that does not mean it wont show up a fog light indicator?
Also found this from previous posts:

HI,
I have Mazde 6 from 2017, I need to activate the rear fog.
I tried to follow the instructions "Fabiomaster"
"Front and rear fog light indicator.

IC, 720-01-01, B0 – b1 i b0 change to 1, b2 i b3 change to 0. Region change to EU - active front fog light indicator on cluster ( if you have NA version You must change cluster to EU version )
RBCM, 7B7-01-01, B0 – b2 change to 1. Activates rear fog light on pin 4Q (blue harness). Also activates orange rear fog light indicator on cluster.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Maybe my checksum is incorrect? Tried coding this, but no luck. Light did not appear when I use the switch.

·
Registered
288 Posts
your checksum is ok for 07 20 01 01.
and for RBCM 7B7 01 01 in B0 what have you changed, b2 to 1 and new checksum ?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Some instrument clusters don't have that light at all. Others it's deactivated when on the US region. You would have to switch to a different region to enable the front fog light indicator.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thats what the initiator of this thread already figured out 2 days ago (see this post in another thread). As he opened the same question in several threads and his question is already answered, I do not think that continuing this thread here is necessary anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts