2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I recently purchase a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with Tech package and so far I've bough the following mods:

Corksport SRI
Corksport TP
Corksport CBE
KDM High Pressure Fuel

My question is if I buy an CobbAcessPort how would I know which MAP to load or does it ask me what mods I have then determine the best MAP to use? I'm still confuse about the CobbAcessPORT so any help would be appreciate thank you!:yes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the install of mine today. The AP showed a list of the diffrent maps with a listing of the diffrent mods. Also a newbee but it was pretty straight forward. Hope this helps!!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Hello everyone I recently purchase a 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with Tech package and so far I've bough the following mods:

Corksport SRI
Corksport TP
Corksport CBE
KDM High Pressure Fuel

My question is if I buy an CobbAcessPort how would I know which MAP to load or does it ask me what mods I have then determine the best MAP to use? I'm still confuse about the CobbAcessPORT so any help would be appreciate thank you!:yes:
First off, welcome!

Everyone has an AP but me. You all just need to shhhaagggermouth :tongue:

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for the fast response! I assume the corksport stage 1 MAP can be download from their website no? And loving the speed so far! I switch from an EVO X GSR if anyone was curious lol ^_^

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Mazda offered me a deal that I would be dumb not to take it. Pretty much they paid off my EVO, got me a lower monthly payment ( I was doing a 6 years term for the EVO but with the MS3 it was only 5 years.) I had the EVO for exactly 1 year, payment went down by around 100 a month, insurance drop by like half, the MS3 was fully loaded with all options/feature. EVO had around 22k miles, with the MS3 pretty much I got a brand new car with 0 miles!

The car scene around my area label the evo/sti guys a$$holes and the mazda guys are pretty much chill lol. I did not hesitate to buy parts for the MS3 and my EVO was pretty much bonestock lol ^_^

CHEERS!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Yea same here. The Mazda guys here are way laid back. But still the EVO is a great car. Capable of crazy power. But don't get me wrong the speed is a pretty bad ass car too. Just can't put down nearly the power of an EVO

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Yea same here. The Mazda guys here are way laid back. But still the EVO is a great car. Capable of crazy power. But don't get me wrong the speed is a pretty bad ass car too. Just can't put down nearly the power of an EVO
Oh it can put down just as much power but with no traction! :tongue:

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Th AP only comes loaded with maps for Cobb hardparts. You'll have to download the maps that are Corksport specific. Here's all the Cobb maps that are available for your Corksport mods. First you hook up your AP to your computer. Ap manager will open and place a "AP maps" folder on your computer. Download the appropriate map into the folder. Drag that map onto the AP manager window. The map is now ready to be flashed to your car. Pretty easy.

AccessPORT Off The Shelf Maps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you Warlord but it seems that the the maps are specific to Intakes only? Or does it calibrate exhaust/testpipe/ high pressure fuel pump too?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
If you just have an intake you use a stage 1 map. If you have the test pipe ,intake, TIP and fp internals you use a stage2 map. Here's the map you would use if you fill up with 93 octane. Stage2+CS+TIH 93 If you fill up with 91 octane use. Stage2+CS+TIH 91. You can run either one of these maps without a test pipe but they will perform better with.

Reactions: ShiftFaster

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome can't wait till parts get here! I have to wait for the AccesspPort, all my stuff will be here before the AP it is safe to go ahead and install all of the parts first?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I'd wait for the AP to install the fp internals. You have no way of knowing if your getting full pressure without the AP. The fp internals should show 430 psi at idle and 1700-1900 psi at wide open throttle. Sometimes the install doesn't go right and the fuel pressure isn't up to snuf. Better to know what's happening than guessing IMO. Rest of the stuff is ok to install though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I heard that if I install the TP/CBE/intake without the HPFP it can lean and cause ultimate engine damage =(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And my car is still only at 300 miles so even if I install everything I don't think I will be beating on it till engine breaks in ^_^

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Nah, cbe intake and tip won't hurt anything. Removing one or more of the cats is where the leaning out comes into play. cbe doesn't remove either one of the cats. Test pipe or downpipe does.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts