2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i want to buy one but dont know which one to get. I will upgrade the turbo in the near future but i dont know which one will work best.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Hey guys i want to buy one but dont know which one to get. I will upgrade the turbo in the near future but i dont know which one will work best.
Generally most will say to go with a front mount. I still say the top mount works well. Sure boost temps go up when sitting but they come down once you start driving. I personally like the look of the top mount with the hood up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I'd say if you upgrade to a GT28 series turbo you can get away with a top mount. If you go for a GTX 30 series turbo then a Front mount would be the way to go. If your going to run E85 then all you need is a top mount. If your going to try for 400+hp then you might need to spray meth too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A local shop told me that i can get more power out of the stock turbo with the front mount

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
I'd go with the FMIC if you plan on upgrading the turbo or running on a track. I went with the CS TMIC because all I do is hard park and it won't be seeing a track anytime soon. The CS TMIC fits nicely under the OEM Shroud and, combined with the CS SRI/TIP in the CS Cold Air Box, keeps my bay looking stockish. The CS front tower bar also adds some nice engine bay dressing.

@CorkSport, I'd like my endorsement payment in shiny quarters. Thanks. Hahaha.

No, but seriously, I need quarters to wash my laundry.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
ETS for me... it has a bigger core than CS or Cobb...

as for heatsoak.. meh... that only happens when you're stopped.. and its pretty much minimal

also i did this to the under side of the tmic... used gold thermal reflective tape..

works great.. keeps the bats down

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the reply. I went and got my self the cobb front mount along with the cobb downpipe. will be installing all by next weekend.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet! Have you upgraded your internals already?
I have all that ready to be install. I cant install the internal w/o the down pipe and cant run the down pipe w/o the internals so. yeah i'm planning on doing everything the same day

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Here's a picture of my engine bay. The Corksport parts keep it nice a low key looking. I even had to resist the urge to get the blue piping and filter for the SRI, and went with simple black.

10/10

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2 Posts
ETS makes great products and love mine. COBB also makes great stuff, it all depends on what your "goals" are.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
^^^ Nice mod list!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How did this turn out for you? Fitment, install, etc. Hope it went smoothly.
Oh man you have no idea. The downpipe was a little ruff to get it in place but the intercooler fits perfectly. Super easy to install. and the power gains are awesome.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts