2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda3 2.2d Sport Nav 2015
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm in dire need of some help.

I have a 2015 Mazda3 Sport Nav. I've used the AIO Tweaks since the day I bought the car 2 years ago (mainly for Android Auto). Recently I found out you could make custom themes for the Mzd Connect software so I spent a little bit of time making my own images and changing the main menu .css file (I have some basic experience making websites so I knew what I was doing).

Anyway after applying my theme I was experiencing loads of weird issues (Settings menu was empty, radio wasn't working correctly, couldn't back out of menus) so I tried to revert back to a backup JCI I had on my PC. I installed it and waited for the software to restart. Now I'm stuck in a bootloop. It reboots about 5 times and then goes to a black screen.

Is my system completely bricked? I've tried hard resetting etc but to no avail. I was running System Software v55 before this happened. Is there anything I can do to fix this before I ring the dealer tomorrow?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mazda have quoted me £120 per hour just to diagnose the issue. I can get a replacement CMU for £205. From the videos I've watched and posts I've read it's just a simple replacement. Is that my best option?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I think, that the replacement is the easiest way to do it.

There might be some more software things to try, but I only read about them & can not tell you from experience - you could search for black screen and reboot here to find out more.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,269 Posts
Official AA works well. It's easy to install by yourself too.

Once you get a new CMU that is..
CK

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably just buy a new CMU then. There are a couple on Ebay at the moment.

I'll probably do the Official Android Auto upgrade as well whilst I'm at it.

CMU wise, I've read that all 2014-16 Mazda 3 CMUs are interchangable. Is this correct? Will my Navi still work afterwards?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Correct. The higher the last letter, the higher the version of the part number and the less bugs it has. Existing Navi-SD should work with new CMU.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably just buy a new CMU then. There are a couple on Ebay at the moment.

I'll probably do the Official Android Auto upgrade as well whilst I'm at it.

CMU wise, I've read that all 2014-16 Mazda 3 CMUs are interchangable. Is this correct? Will my Navi still work afterwards?
Did you know, Which version of your CMU running before it falling in brick states?
and
Could you make serial connection from you computer to CMU throught USB2TTL devices?
If all answer is Yes and your CMU firmware lower than V59, may be i can help you to recover your CMU...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Correct. The higher the last letter, the higher the version of the part number and the less bugs it has. Existing Navi-SD should work with new CMU.
Brilliant thank you. The part I've found on Ebay is an L and mine is a J, so a small upgrade.

Did you know, Which version of your CMU running before it falling in brick states?
and
Could you make serial connection from you computer to CMU throught USB2TTL devices?
If all answer is Yes and your CMU firmware lower than V59, may be i can help you to recover your CMU...
It was running version 55, not sure which exactly though.

I've never looked into the serial connection stuff, only that ideally you need a laptop. I only have a desktop PC.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Brilliant thank you. The part I've found on Ebay is an L and mine is a J, so a small upgrade.

It was running version 55, not sure which exactly though.

I've never looked into the serial connection stuff, only that ideally you need a laptop. I only have a desktop PC.
What is your CMU states now?
If we plug usb with script on usb port, do you know it can run script on usb or not?
If yes, may be no need the serial connection, if no, only serial or reflash NOR will help to recover it...

PS: You only have a desktop PC! Are you kidding me! :))

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is your CMU states now?
If we plug usb with script on usb port, do you know it can run script on usb or not?
If yes, may be no need the serial connection, if no, only serial or reflash NOR will help to recover it...

PS: You only have a desktop PC! Are you kidding me! :))
No why would I be kidding you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The company I ordered from on Ebay sent it next day delivery so it's here already. All plugged in and working perfectly. It only cost £180 in the end and I've put my old screen up on Ebay so might recoup a bit of that. No more tinkering for me though.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,269 Posts
Cool. I'm glad you got it working. :)

The official AA works great too. You can buy the kit and install it using the drill technique in under an hour. I used a long thin flathead screwdriver to pop the clips on the old hub though. There are videos online too.

I store flac files on my phone and play them using Samsung Music and AA. They sound great through the car audio.
CK

·
Registered
44 Posts
EU Mazda's are different to US installs, ours have a cd player where your usb sockets are. Still a easy fit though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool. I'm glad you got it working. :)

The official AA works great too. You can buy the kit and install it using the drill technique in under an hour. I used a long thin flathead screwdriver to pop the clips on the old hub though. There are videos online too.

I store flac files on my phone and play them using Samsung Music and AA. They sound great through the car audio.
CK
Yeah I've already watched a few videos. Seems easy enough. I've ordered the kit, just got to wait for it to arrive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts