2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
Quite some time ago I installed a few tweaks (no disclaimer, touchscreen while moving, Android Auto, Video Player, Navigation and a few others) on my 2014 mazda 3 (CMU FW 55.00.753A).
Everything was working great until very recently: after a while, the system became incredibly laggy... and what's shocking is that the lag appeared suddenly, without installing new tweaks or doing anything to the system.
To "fix that", I removed all the tweaks and the system seems more responsive, but it is a shame that I had to lose all of those cool features.
Has anybody else had the same problem?
Also: I was considering updating the system to 59.00.441A: do you guys recommend it? Will I lose Navigation after the update?
Thanks in advance for your help!
-Z-

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same FW and I have a lag in the beginning while syncing contacts. Other than that, everything is smooth relatively (My wife's honda link system is really sluggish).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same FW and I have a lag in the beginning while syncing contacts. Other than that, everything is smooth relatively (My wife's honda link system is really sluggish).
The problem is that my system became suddenly unusable... and only after removing the tweaks it went back to "normal".
I just don't understand why the lag appeared suddenly, out of nowhere.
Also, I have read somewhere that people bricked their CMU after trying to update to FW 59.00.441A (apparently because they didn't remove the tweaks before the update)... that's why I am not sure of what to do :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts