2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my V59.00.330 NA CMU stuck in a boot loop due to mis-editing my systemApp.js file to change the audio source order. Up to now, I've tried the following things to re-gain access to it:

1. I tried seeing if it would still read off the USB flash and run scripts (I edited tweaks.sh to just do a simple "echo Test > /mnt/sd*/test.out") and that didn't work.

2. I tried connecting a USB 2.0 Ethernet adapter to it but it never grabbed an IP address from my DHCP server. I watched wire Wireshark and could see the "DHCP DISCOVER", but never anything else while other DHCP devices would grab an IP no problem. The 192.168.42.1 IP doesn't work because it's only about 6 seconds after the Ethernet driver lights it up, that it auto-reboots.

3. I guess my next step is to pull the CMU out and try the Russian direct connect to the serial console

Does anyone have any additional suggestions as to what I can try?

·
Registered
306 Posts
So, I got my V59.00.330 NA CMU stuck in a boot loop

Does anyone have any additional suggestions as to what I can try?
what will happen if you just Press the START/STOP ENGINE push button 1 time without depressing the clutch pedal or the brake

pedal to switch the ignition position to ACC. to Confirm that the push button start indicator light illuminated (amber) and the display in the instrument cluster is OFF

what did you hear or you see on yours CMU?.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what will happen if you just Press the START/STOP ENGINE push button 1 time without depressing the clutch pedal or the brake

pedal to switch the ignition position to ACC. to Confirm that the push button start indicator light illuminated (amber) and the display in the instrument cluster is OFF

what did you hear or you see on yours CMU?.
Going into ACC mode, I get the radio audio coming on. On the CMU I see the mazda logo animation, then the animation of the CMU apps popping up, then 10 seconds before it starts rebooting. Control knob input does absolutely nothing. My mute/volume works, as do the steering wheel audio controls.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Going into ACC mode, I get the radio audio coming on. On the CMU I see the mazda logo animation, then the animation of the CMU apps popping up, then 10 seconds before it starts rebooting. Control knob input does absolutely nothing. My mute/volume works, as do the steering wheel audio controls.
try to use this 10 second to push pack your missed file. via usb. also if you have copy of yours original sm.conf push it back same time

mosz important yours usb tweak.sh should contain first line echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value

also i edit for you USB tweak just put your original file systemApp.js inside the folder config, don't forget to format your USB FAT32 before you copy the file to its root

this tweak can also be used to replace any file after edit tweaks.sh

tipp plug in the usb before you press start one time

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the off topic post, but I'm trying to get in touch with the original poster here "mobster75". I tried to PM you, but apparently I don't have enough posts on the forum to allow it. Could you send me a visitor message from my profile?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts