2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could some one know to recover this?

My CMU was stuck on logo mazda when booting!

Check the console i've found it not boot like other CMU, it only show information like picture below!

And it not show login console...

Please help me to resolve this problem!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Change your display type to JCI? You can do that by changing the NVRAM using a NOR programmer. You wiped the NVRAM somehow.
You can also reinstall the system by changing the 0x10000 value of the NOR from 0xFF to 0x00. It will jump to failsafe and you'll be able to reinstall.
You can also dump the NOR and send me it's image and I'll change it to a valid failsafe with some optional bonuses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have done this 0x10000 change to 00, now I am supposed to complete the reinstall. I was able to update failsafe to v70 before black screen.
Now I have copied v70 reinstall.up to my fat32 usb, nothing else on it, but keeps looping in retrying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Change your display type to JCI? You can do that by changing the NVRAM using a NOR programmer. You wiped the NVRAM somehow.
You can also reinstall the system by changing the 0x10000 value of the NOR from 0xFF to 0x00. It will jump to failsafe and you'll be able to reinstall.
You can also dump the NOR and send me it's image and I'll change it to a valid failsafe with some optional bonuses.
How to change?

·
Registered
49 Posts
How to change?
need tools and some technical ability,
purchase an inexpensive Ch341a Mini Programmer, buy a SOIC 16pin test clip, now careful needs to be like these:Amazon
or Ebay
it comes with the modified 16pin to 8pin adapter, pins are corrected wired, straight pin to pin won't work.
NO need to unsolder chip or power CMU.
Remove CMU and open unit, clip the chip the correct way, red wire towards chip pin 1(small dot), open programmer, please note chip selection on the left. Read chip and save to file. read it a few times making sure data is the same all the time if not your clip is not set correctly.
Scroll down to address 0x10000 and modified data from FF to 00, now press in this order ERASE wait until done WRITE wait and VERIFY until done or just press AUTO but first check in Operate menu the Auto Program option selection.
Mount CMU back on the car. Plug USB with similar version you had before unit got bricked, push car start button without pressing brake, ACC mode, let it do the recovery, if it fail try different USB or try until system ask for USB, good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have done this 0x10000 change to 00, now I am supposed to complete the reinstall. I was able to update failsafe to v70 before black screen.
Now I have copied v70 reinstall.up to my fat32 usb, nothing else on it, but keeps looping in retrying.
Were you able to find a fix? I am in the same situation as you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts