2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installation was easy thanks to a local forum member. The ride is almost stock, just slightly stiffer (thats what she said), but it's actually a fun ride. awesome deal for these springs! I also got yellow fog light tint, and tint. heres a couple bad phone pics.

the day i picked it up (march 10)

lowered.. more pics coming

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looks great! Congrats!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Looks nice. How are they working out with your stock shocks since they are 1.75".

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ride is a slight bit bouncy, but nothing i'm complaining about. it's a very subtle difference and actually gets rid of the little bit of floating feeling i used to get on the stock springs.

absolutely worth the moneyi will def be checking on the camber tomorrow though..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
warlord, i know you'er on the RM 1.75 drop, did you get em directly when you got the konis or did you roll with the stock struts for a while?

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Originally I installed prokits and rolled on the stock shocks for about two months. But I didn't really like the ride because it was harsh, the front drop was uneven side to side and I bottomed out once in a while so I thought Koni's would solve the problem but they didn't. Koni's are only rebound adjustable not compression adjustable so they couldn't help me with the bottoming issue. I decided to make a switch and stumbled across the Road Magnets. End result now is a comfortable ride and sharp handling and I haven't bottomed out once. :yes: I'm sceptical as to whether shocks wear prematurely when you lower your car. I think Japanese shocks just wear out fast period. I've had Honda's and Acuras that I've leased and the shocks felt soft after 20-30 thousand miles and I never moded any of them. I guess that's why your asking how long before I switched to Koni's?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looking sharp!! btw, how did you apply the yellow tint on the fogs?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got them from some automotive tint company online. it was precut. it was like 12$ shipped, and super easy to put on. i'll see if i can find the link.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
a couple more shots:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yeah i am, i like the ride on them. it's nice and stiff, but not enough for most people to notice from stock.

another words, very similar to stock, just a little stiffer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
yeah i am, i like the ride on them. it's nice and stiff, but not enough for most people to notice from stock.

another words, very similar to stock, just a little stiffer.
Good to know. I got 1.25" springs and will install them soon. If I get rims and the drop is not enough, I may go with 1.75" springs.

·
StreetUnit "The Flash"
169 Posts
Drop looks good, but a little low for the area I live in, where the roads are atrocious, that's why I went with 1.25" instead! Did you happen to find that fog light link? Very nice G35 (specs and mods??) and also very nice house and property..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
the roads are pretty crappy here too but it's made it clear so far!

and i wish i could take claim for the property, but they are my friends place and one is my parents place haha!

The g35 is my project car i've had for a couple years. was my DD, then i started modding it. It's mostly all performance stuff. Here's a quick list off the top of my head:

Vortech stage 1 supercharger kit
Fuel Return System
TurboXS UTEC EMS
defi gauges
Topspeed catback exhaust
Test Pipes
NRG Front strut bar
GT Spec Rear Sway
Tokico D-Spec Adjustable shocks
Tein 350z S-tech springs
Rota p45r 18x9.5 275 in the rear and 245 in the front
Tinted tails
black roof black headlight housing

352.2 rwhp (conservative tune cause I still drive the crap out of it)
290 lb/ft

So now you know why I dont have a house haha!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts