2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Seriously need advice. I purchased a certified 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactiv with about 32,000 miles this past July 28th from a major dealer with multiple locations in Texas.
It was in for repair 3 times in a one month period due to the clutch pedal producing squeaky noises & wasn't smooth feeling.
I contacted the used car manager & he sounded like he was willing to get me out of this car & into something else. He also offered to have one of their master techs repair it right.
Everyone that I know says not to allow them a 4th chance. I do like the car but the joy of owning something much newer than my old '99 Honda has been taken from me.
So what do you vote? Get it repaired under warranty again or get into a different car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I would try maybe a different dealer with a different tech to repair if you truly like the car. Although if it was me, I would probably get a different car if I was in your shoes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would try maybe a different dealer with a different tech to repair if you truly like the car. Although if it was me, I would probably get a different car if I was in your shoes.
Thanks.
Having to go through this, doesn't allow me to trust it, less enjoy it. This dealer has several locations. Their North location had it for a couple days & their South location had it for a total of 4 days on two separate occasions.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I would just get another car. Get rid of the headache and that thought on the back of your mind that its gonna happen again

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would just get another car. Get rid of the headache and that thought on the back of your mind that its gonna happen again
Thank you.
Very well put. I wonder if they'll give me my money back. I put down $4,000 cash + they have me $2,000 for my trade, which they no longer have. It's probably down in Mexico by now.
I'm so worn out by this time that I don't have any fight left in me. Almost considering trying to get it repaired again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It will cost way more to get another car. Sure, he will give you a "good deal" that will cost you at least a thousand, then fix the pedal and make money on the car you have.

I vote, get the car fixed right first, then perhaps negotiate with a proper car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts